New Armbruster-Stageway Coach

I just returned from our Indiana State Convention, and Armbruster-Stageway had their prototype there. WOW. I like the lines, the rear door opening, and the rear corner glass. Reminds me of the 60 something Superior coach I drove when I first started working at the funeral home. Federal and Eagle both had cars there....not bad, but I think I like the A-S best. Still not happy with roof lines, but with what Caddy puts out to build on, what are you gonna do. Look for a new product coming out soon on Chrysler van conversion by Mike Kellerman. As cremation rises, that vehicle (the Chrysler) will bring in more buyers since it will be half the price of a new Caddy or Lincoln.

Armbruster

Yes it's the same car that was in the Tri state convention a few weeks back. Very impressive!

Here are photos I shot of the Armbruster-Stageway (prototype car #2) just this past Sunday at the (TFDA) Tennessee Funeral Directors Association Convention June 2-4th, 2013 held in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. I even got to talk with the designer, Sean at length as well! Ambulance & Funeral Coach Sales in Nashville will be a dealer for Armbruster-Stageway.

***Pardon the slight blurriness of the photos. Black on a car in a convention hall is one of the hardest color cars to shoot due to the lighting. Shooting a car in any other color in a convention hall the photos turn out fine.***

Jeremy D. Ledford photos.

Attachments

• 2013 TFDA 001.jpg
    2013 TFDA 001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,569
  • 2013 TFDA 002.jpg
    2013 TFDA 002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,884
  • 2013 TFDA 004.jpg
    2013 TFDA 004.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,091
  • 2013 TFDA 005.jpg
    2013 TFDA 005.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 2013 TFDA 006.jpg
    2013 TFDA 006.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,581
  • 2013 TFDA 007.jpg
    2013 TFDA 007.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,849
I kike it the best out of every other one out there

The rear bier pin needs to be moved out of the way I can see the caskets hitting it as they roll in

I kike it the best out of every other one out there

The rear bier pin needs to be moved out of the way I can see the caskets hitting it as they roll in

I always had the bier pin in my hand so not a problem Mike. ALso the interior is the widest on the market at over 40" and no problem for oversize casket according to RIchard at Crain's.

Why don't several of us go in together and buy the prototype. Neat one off hearse should have real collector value! Jeremy? Jeremy? Darren? Anybody? Anybody? Richard at Crain's mentioned well over 100 of these already ordered, probably nearer 200 by now as that was couple weeks ago before some of the conventions.

I like the 1/2 limo - 1/2 landau show model.

The curved corner glass is cool.

I'm not into ANY BRAND of current model hearse.
Sure glad I am not in the business and need to make a decision on trying to pick from the current selection of any of the builders today.

Time for mid '90s cars to be restored for future use.

Darren

Straighten out the downward curve of the rear side window and get rid of the dark tint and replace it with curtains and the van looks really good at half the price

I understand the owner of NEW Armbruster coaches is a PCS member and owns a few vintage funeral coaches as well as a very active livery service. I’m also sure he (or his people) have read this thread and have gained some insightful feedback from those who have posted here and who are also in the funeral business that have shared their opinions at the conventions

I personally think these new Armbruster coaches are very nice looking and as another person pointed out especially with what Cadillac “lacks” to offer in the way of a professional chassis.

Unfortunately I also tend to agree with the original poster who said the Chrysler Minivans are half the price and thus will probably sell many more units as opposed to the traditional and costly funeral coaches. This as customers turn to cremation more every day as the cost of a traditional funeral skyrockets to the point that only the rich can afford a full traditional burial and funeral (or those with a lot of life insurance)

It really is sad to see such a long tradition of classy, expensive first-class funeral coaches being replaced by cookie cutter minivans with landau bars and unsightly vinyl tops due to budgets. Let us all hope that these new Armbruster coaches succeed in the tough market place. I for one wish him the best and if I owned a funeral home I would buy one just to support his business and keep the tradition alive.

Only the rich can afford a traditional funeral...

I acknowledge that funerals are expensive. But we have been led to believe that a funeral is the third largest expense a person will face. The national average hovers around $7500.00 I would guess.
Curtis Rostad wrote a book and made a list of expenses that often exceed a traditional funeral...
Boat, snowmobile, motorcycle, swimming pool, motor home-travel trailer-rv, a patio deck, a fur coat, an oak bedroom suite, remodeling the kitchen, a home theater system, a college education, a wedding, trip for two to Europe, 2 week cruise, airfare-lodging family of four for week at Walt Disney World, braces for kids teeth (hey, mine were $6500 2 years ago), liposuction, drug rehab, complete set of dentures, virtually any surgical procedure, having a baby, 3 days in intensive care, a week in the hospital, a one month stay in a nursing home...
And so it goes...

Back