The APCOR has landed!

A while back, there was a post about a Biomed Biophone APCOR "Orange Box" radio being offered on Ebay, the original "Rescue 51" style.

APCOR.jpg

I have dreamed about owning a Biophone for ages. Thanks to that post, I now own that radio, at a cost of $266.01. This is a steal, as the last Biophone that was offered on Ebay bid up to almost $900.00, and the reserve wasn't met at that price!

The Biophone will be displayed in my '68 Superior and I'll be moving my later model Motorola APCOR unit to the '75 Criterion, a much more date-authentic match.

For those who are curious, APCOR stands for "Advanced Portable Coronary Observation Radio".

Once again, PCS membership has its rewards. Thanks! :cheers:

Squad 51, KMG365.

Yup, it is waaaay cool, Rick.....the end of a many-year search. I have had an interest in communications electronics since I built my first crystal radio set at the age of eight. I've wanted a Biophone loooong before I had an interest in Pro Cars. It's probably been a 35 year search. This is a pretty happy day in the House house.

FYI, that ugly DTMF pad clips right off and the conventional mouthpiece is intact underneath.

Very cool Doug! I just won an E&J Resuscitator on E-Bay and it arrived this week. It is a Minuteman model. I've been involved in EMS for 18 years and I have no idea how to operate this thing. It does have the original owners manual and instructions, so I'll start there. I will post pics as time allows.

I knew it!

I thought you'd be bidding. Can't wait to see it...glad you were the winner.

I was going to bid on that E&J as well Brendan but decided that the MSA Pneolator was the prize for me. Bought it cheap at $10 but cost me 9x that to have it shipped. Hadn't seen one on ebay for 2 years.

Very cool Doug! I just won an E&J Resuscitator on E-Bay and it arrived this week. It is a Minuteman model. I've been involved in EMS for 18 years and I have no idea how to operate this thing. It does have the original owners manual and instructions, so I'll start there. I will post pics as time allows.

I'll teach you how to use it, since I have used them when they were new... Just remember to :respect: your elders... :cheers:

A while back, there was a post about a Biomed Biophone APCOR "Orange Box" radio being offered on Ebay, the original "Rescue 51" style.

View attachment 1095

I have dreamed about owning a Biophone for ages. Thanks to that post, I now own that radio, at a cost of $266.01. This is a steal, as the last Biophone that was offered on Ebay bid up to almost $900.00, and the reserve wasn't met at that price!

The Biophone will be displayed in my '68 Superior and I'll be moving my later model Motorola APCOR unit to the '75 Criterion, a much more date-authentic match.

For those who are curious, APCOR stands for "Advanced Portable Coronary Observation Radio".

Once again, PCS membership has its rewards. Thanks! :cheers:

Squad 51, KMG365.

I wondered who got that and you're right, a steal. I bid several times but just a bit cash short at the moment for toys.
Congratulations.:applause:

Remember the good old days of ebay?

Remember the good old days of ebay when we knew each others bidding names so we had a sense of who in PCS was bidding. Certainly pros and cons of this but in the long run I thought the pros outweighed the cons. At least we weren't bidding on something that we knew the other member desparately needed to complete a project. We also knew indirectly what others might be looking for and steer them towards it.:my2cents:

Congrats on the E&J, Brendan. Good score! I have one as well, which actually came with my '68 Superior. Haven't played with it yet because it has a couple of cracked hoses that I haven't got around to repairing yet. Perhaps I'll peek over your shoulder as Paul gives you some training on it. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to seeing Bill's Pneolator as well. We were supposed to get together tomorrow, but unfortunately my work will take me out of town. I'm sure I'll see it soon.

Thanks to Mark Provost

I just found the original thread that brought attention to the Biophone, and it was posted by Mark Provost.

A HUGE thank you, Mark!!!! :respect:

Back