I don't care how much I want this car...

I wouldn't buy it from this A-HOLE.

"On Nov-08-13 at 06:29:16 PST, seller added the following information:

I will restate what I have told countless prospective buyers who keep emailing me, because no one reads anything anymore, perhaps a more direct message will be more impactful:

Yes, This is an original, unrestored car. It only has 11,300 miles. Really. The paint is near flawless and original as is the vinyl half top, interior, e.g. It has never been in rain or snow.

I even have the original owners' notes indicating the date, miles and nature of every little trip this car took - get gas, go to church, go visit Joe and Ida, e.g.

The undercarriage is perfect and factory undercoated and no I am not going to go outside in my pajamas to take photos of the wiper arms or the little screws which hold the side marker lamps in.

No, it doesn't have a console. If it did, it would magically appear in the photos of the interior which you didn't look at. No, it's not red, black or silver. No, it's not the 1 of 1 Hemi Cordoba made specifically for Lee Iaccocca's housekeeper or Ricardo Montalban's acting coach. No, it doesn't have an eight track. No, there is no police package Cordoba. No, it wasn't featured on an episode of Laverne and Shirley or Fantasy Island. It's not a Sport Fury, a Chrysler 300 Letter Car, a Norseman, A Road Runner, a Demon or a Cuda. It is what it is. A spectacular example of one of the cars which pulled Chrysler's corporate coconuts out of the firepit on Fantasy Island.

I don't care what your 1987 issue of the Blue Book says what you think it's worth. I don't care what you think it's worth. The only thing more absurd than "blue book" values are the people who read them. I'd like to find a 1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible in Plum Crazy for $7750.00 or a 1970 Chevelle SS Big Block convertible for $6350.00 too.

Do I think you could put a crate motor in it and a set of Magnum 500 wheels on it? I think if you buy it you could tie dye the Corinthian leather and put shag rug inside the engine compartment and a lava lamp on the dash. Once it's yours, your good or bad taste may prevail.

What's it worth? It's worth what someone will pay for it, recognizing it's an 11,000 mile survivor Mopar.

What "does I need to get for it?" "What's yo reserve, bro?" or ever so eloquent, "How much?" If you have to ask, you can't afford to cruise around with your butt sitting on Soft Corinthian Leather and you will only drive this car in the Fantasy Island of your mind.

If you don't have the money, the appreciation, the spousal approval, the garage space, or the appetite for this car, with all due respect, take your blue book and go home and watch reruns."

Why not post a link to the auction so we'll know what you're talking about?

Because it's not the car but the seller's attitude reflected in the posted comments that I was referencing. If answering questions is such a chore for this seller, don't bother listing your product. Respect and courtesy have really gone to hell on the web.

Actually I think this guy is spot on. Having sold a few Cadillacs recently I know what it's like to deal with the public at large. He has set his bar and he doesn't want to deal with those who are far below it. He knows what he has.

I have two Cadillacs listed right now on ebay. I spoke with a man from the Netherlands for 1/2 hour today. Questions are to be expected and welcomed when you're talking thousands of dollars and only pictures to gauge condition/value. It's treating people the way I want to be treated, with respect.

Last edited:
I have two Cadillacs listed right now on ebay. I spoke with a man from the Netherlands for 1/2 hour today. Questions are to be expected and welcomed when you're talking thousands of dollars and only pictures to gauge condition/value. It's treating people the way I want to be treated, with respect.

We sold a 52 ford F-600 dump truck to a guy in Denmark other day and we had to talk a lot to him being he wanted to be sure our asking price of $10,890 was what he wanted to pay.

Actually I think this guy is spot on. Having sold a few Cadillacs recently I know what it's like to deal with the public at large. He has set his bar and he doesn't want to deal with those who are far below it. He knows what he has.

If your serious then like always when purchasing to out to see the car. I always do, and see for yourself; any seller will entertain that when ur serious.

I agree. The stupid questions over and over get old fast. I love how he put it. I know I get stupid questions like that at car shows and I just walk away before I blow up. I see he has great pictures showing the car, which is a lot more effort than most people put into it anymore.

Don't get me wrong here folks. I fully appreciate the "humor" in his rantings and I can sympathize with his level of frustration. I just think it would be funny to yank his chain a little. :yankchain:

For contrast, here's how a fellow PCS member has appropriately indicated his willingness to answer questions on the sale of his ambulance currently for sale on ebay:

"I CANNOT ANSWER EMAILS BUT I AM HAPPY TO TALK TO YOU ANYTIME,IT IS VERY PAINFUL FOR ME TO TYPE,SO MY WIFE JUST DELETES ALL EMAILS,SORRY,SO PLEASE CALL AND YOU WILL GET GOOD INFO,DONT MIND CALLING YOU BACK ANYTIME IF YOU GET MESSAGE,LEAVE # AND A GOOD TIME TO CALL YOU BACK THANKS"

If you are selling a car, you have to communicate, answer questions, send more pictures, it goes with the turf. I have been doing it for years and I am happy to answer people's questions, to me, it means that someone is interested in what I have for sale.

The classic statement I have gotten on more then a few times after listing as much information and as many pictures and even. You tube link is " hi can you tell me a bit about your car"..,,,.

Now sometimes when I have called about a car I have said " just tell me the bad stuff "

Now being over here and buying cars over there,,I have bought about 10 cars with only pictures. I don't get to see them until the container they are shipped in gets opened. I haven't been burned yet. Some are better then expected and some are a little less then expected.

This is the statement that got me -

"If you have to ask, you can't afford to cruise around with your butt sitting on Soft Corinthian Leather and you will only drive this car in the Fantasy Island of your mind."

I'm pretty sure anyone with a modest part-time income and average credit score could buy it.

You guys made me do it

Well after all of this I just had to send a question....

The question I sent was...

is there any authentication that this car was owned by Ricardo Montalban?

me I would love to see one with the original plum crazy metallic on it. that stuff started pealing on the transport

Back