TPC 178 Arrived Today!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
The Third Quarter TPC arrived at my house today. It is an interesting issue, with many old photos. Another great job guys!

Got mine in So-Cal today too. ALWAYS the quality and content and depth of the articles, pictures. THX TOM, WALT, BRADY (and all others) responsible for truly PROESSIONAL publication!! MM:applause:

I know that Mr. McCall is on this forum and posts on occasion, but I sure wish Mr. McPherson would join our forum! Although, with all his knowledge, he'd probably get swarmed with accolades and questions. :)

Mine arrived yesterday. You have to wonder sometimes where Tom finds all these historical pictures. His attention to finding these details and cars is second to none in the history of the automobile magazines.
Thanks Tom for all your research and effort that you put into every one of your articles.
Paul

TPC 178 Arrived here on Wednesday. Another super job of putting together facts and pictures. Learned a lot about Cunningham professional cars. Every time this magazine comes out i learn more about our cars! :applause:

Got it this morning! What a great edition! The cover car used to be 20 minutes from where I live, they used it several times for movies, I remember a lot of scenes of the movie "Les Plouffe" a french canadian drama where the action takes place during the first years of WWII around 1939-40 before the conscription.

Here is the videoclip of the main theme. you can turn off the sound but some images of that car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gQuVK9o2E

As they say its in the mail. Mine has not arrived yet but i have all the faith in it getting here. Of course that is if your dues are current. It is strange I had mine a week before anyone else posted last time

Who do I ask if I never got one?

I never received my issue #178 as well.

You should address your concerns to the Membership Director, Jeff Hookway. I know that he reads these forums every morning, and I am certain that once he sees your posts that you haven't received your magazine that he will send you a copy in a brown manila envelope.
The magazines are sent by bulk magazine rate, and they can get stalled anywhere in route to the final destination. Magazines are not considered "time sensitive" by the post office, and as a result, they can be delivered weeks after the initial mailing from Texas. When I was President, I looked into having them mailed as 1st class mail, however, the cost was prohibitive as compared to the bulk magazine rate. Some clubs do offer a dual membership rate, one for 1st class mailing, and the other less expensive bulk mailing. Unfortunately, we are not a large enough organization to offer the 1st class rate, because it would mean additional special handling costs at the magazine publisher, and I don't believe that we would have enough members willing to pay the additional costs involved.

You should address your concerns to the Membership Director, Jeff Hookway. I know that he reads these forums every morning, and I am certain that once he sees your posts that you haven't received your magazine that he will send you a copy in a brown manila envelope.
The magazines are sent by bulk magazine rate, and they can get stalled anywhere in route to the final destination. Magazines are not considered "time sensitive" by the post office, and as a result, they can be delivered weeks after the initial mailing from Texas. When I was President, I looked into having them mailed as 1st class mail, however, the cost was prohibitive as compared to the bulk magazine rate. Some clubs do offer a dual membership rate, one for 1st class mailing, and the other less expensive bulk mailing. Unfortunately, we are not a large enough organization to offer the 1st class rate, because it would mean additional special handling costs at the magazine publisher, and I don't believe that we would have enough members willing to pay the additional costs involved.

Thanks, this sheds a light on it that makes the big differences in delivery times people sometimes experience make more sense.

Back