Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > eBay Listings Discussion Forum

eBay Listings Discussion Forum This is a discussion forum for eBay listings of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay items. Posts with multiple listings will be deleted. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. Titles must clearly define the discussion. DO NOT POST JUST LINKS! Please explain what the listing is about to start the discussion. Posts that don't meet these requirements may be deleted without notice. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:49 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,922 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Default '72 Superior Pontiac End-Loader

$2500 coach priced at $13,999!

Not a combo, as the seller states. Just a landau end-loader. Seller is delusional!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Pontiac...m=162366272561
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2017, 12:55 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,434 Times in 782 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

This outfit is one of your typical "classic Car" dealers. Buy low sell high if you want further laughs go to their website home of the overpriced. Who knows perhaps they respond to reasonable offers.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:44 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,128 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

At least they did leave you something to work with. Looks like lawn tractor seats back there.it would be a young kids ride.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
...it would be a young kids ride.
Why?

Do only "young kids" like hearses and have $14K in disposable income to spend on a collector car from a dealer? I could easily see it end up as an "old kids ride," perhaps hauling a slew of grandchildren in "haunted comfort."

I see no reason to presume "young kids" are the sole owners of poor taste (real, imagined, or just our opinion) on professional cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Studer For This Useful Post:
Patrick J. Martin (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,128 Times in 5,531 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Studer View Post
Why?

Do only "young kids" like hearses and have $14K in disposable income to spend on a collector car from a dealer? I could easily see it end up as an "old kids ride," perhaps hauling a slew of grandchildren in "haunted comfort."

I see no reason to presume "young kids" are the sole owners of poor taste (real, imagined, or just our opinion) on professional cars.
Oh poked a sore spot did we. I was referring to riding in the back. I would really not have enjoyed crawled into the back and setting on one of them for there tours.
Jim Staruk (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
PCS Illini Chapter President

Thanked 1,683 Times in 450 Posts
Groans: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
Oh poked a sore spot did we.
Childish taunting...really? And from an elected director no less. Sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick J. Martin For This Useful Post:
Jim Staruk (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:37 AM
PCS Member

Ed was referring to the lack of comfort in sitting on those added rear seats which sit flat on the floor. You would have to ride with your legs straight forward. Only young kids would be comfortable sitting back there.

Lighten up Patrick! You read waaaay too much into every post! Try contributing something positive for a change.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:43 AM
PCS Illini Chapter President

Thanked 1,683 Times in 450 Posts
Groans: 1

Something positive like bringing a car to our attention only to tell us that its practically worthless and the seller is delusional. You're right, I will have to remember that that's the definition of positivity.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM
PCS Member

I've met Ed in person twice over the last few years, and he's been quite kind with me both offline and online - so I believe his reply was an attempt at just lighthearted teasing.

However, as Mr. Martin notes - words matter. This forum is one of the most significant public outreach venues the Society has. What I desired to do was a reminder that there are sadly few "young" folks in the Society, let alone "active" like Noah Dorsey and myself. It is my personal belief that the greatest challenge the PCS will have over the next 10 years is developing a means to continue its message for the preservation of these cars. While there are both "young" and "old" who do not appreciate them the way we and the Society values - it is the "young" that we need to target and not give the appearance of dismissing.

I never worked on a professional car ambulance, and never personally saw one in service (despite the fact there were a few still out there during my lifetime). However, look at the nationwide network of Fire Museums and ask yourself why a 20-year old fireman spends his off-time polishing a 1920 Diamond T ladder truck? I am sure there are plenty of funeral directors and EMT/Paramedics who would be willing to preserve their legacy too - if presented to them in the right way...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicholas Studer For This Useful Post:
Abe Bush (02-13-2017), Brendan Martin (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 12:46 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick J. Martin View Post
Something positive like bringing a car to our attention only to tell us that its practically worthless and the seller is delusional. You're right, I will have to remember that that's the definition of positivity.
I did not say that it "was practically worthless". Those are your (negative) words. I simply said that it was a $2500 car, which it is based on completed sales results. It looks to be a very solid car that could be relatively easily returned to its former dignity. Nothing negative was said about the car itself. I post cars, parts, etc. which I feel would be of interest to the members of this site. And what do you contribute to this site other than popping on periodically to slam someone??