Wanted - Alternator...

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Hard to describe, and a picture is worth a 1000 words...

Attachments

• alternator.jpg
    alternator.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 188
heavy duty GM use in police cars in the mid to late 60s around 100 amps. uses the external regulator. but it's only a guess.

It is a 1962 - 1965 GM/Delco 62 Amp. It uses the standard mechanical regulator or a transistorized regulator. Was the optional alternator on police and taxi optioned cars. This was used on all Chevrolet and Pontiac application from what I remember.

It is a 1962 - 1965 GM/Delco 62 Amp. It uses the standard mechanical regulator or a transistorized regulator. Was the optional alternator on police and taxi optioned cars. This was used on all Chevrolet and Pontiac application from what I remember.

Is your broken? Why not just have this one rebuilt.

I don't have one to rebuild... that is why I am looking for one.. Found a new one on the internet, but it was too high priced.

After posting this ad, I got a message from Kevin O'Connell to try a shop in LA that was able to supply me with a spare alternator for my Chrysler. When I called, they told me that they didn't have any. I continued to search, and found one at another alternator shop in LA, and bought that one. A couple of days later, I got a call from Kevin that the shop in LA that he recommended, found one, and they had rebuilt it for me. Kevin picked it up and sent it to me, so now I have two. I also got what I thought was the correct regulator, but as luck would have it, it was wrong. I remembered a discussion this past summer in front of Rick Duffy's 1964 Cadillac ambulance, having a transistorized regulator. Sure enough, the one that I got was for the early Cadillac ambulances. I sold this regulator to Brenden Martin for a spare for his 1963, and now have the correct regulator for this alternator. Thanks to people like Kevin, we can keep our cars going with spare parts.

Back