How many procars is to many???

Bruce Biancalana

PCS Life Member
I have 9 high top ambulances, 1 Hearse and a flower car. The sad thing is I am working on another high top. I really have fun playing with these, but some times I think I am loosing it! Am I the only one out there with this affliction?

Nine

Bruce,
If you parked just one in Howell, Michigan, you would start to feel better immediatlely.......take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning:17875:

You can never have too many, but I know how you feel. I only have 5 procars but sometimes it seems like thats more than I can afford to keep, especally when sometimes it seems they all need something at once. It is so nice to have such a variety though so if you get tired of driving one you can put it away and grab another for that new car feeling.

This last winter I only had 5 and they fit in one of my Morton buildings. Now that I have increased in numbers I am having an aditional building erected. I also have other non-procars that need a roof as well.

If you have somewhere to store them properly out of the weather year around, then get as many cars as you want.

If you have to leave them outside, that's not a great thing as they start to deteriorate faster that way.

I have 9 cars and I do not even have a garage at home.
I have to rent storage and that is expensive.

Plus The City of Toronto charges 134.00 each car to register each year on your birthday plus the cost of your drivers licence renewal. That is not a very nice birthday present for me with 9 to do.

Unless you can afford it, having lots isn't a good idea either.
They usually could always use something or could use improvements
and that is hard with lots of cars.

Sometimes I wish I just had a couple and less headaches but I have a hard time getting rid of any of them. The ones I have sold sometimes still bother me.

Yep, we all have the same problem... we love our cars !!!

Maybe I (we all) need some kind of therapy.

standard answer

When I am asked the question about how many old cars are enough I use my wife's standard answer. She gets asked how many dulcimers are enough.
And the answer is: JUST ONE MORE!!
Mike

:3_7_11v:

Here are some for starters Most of these are old pics I will get more over the next few day If you want
The Flower Car 1975 Coupe DeFleur by Superior
3291033010chalengerflowercar011.jpg

1971 M&M Volunteer X-Harrisonburg WV FD
1971mmvol032010006.jpg

1970 M&M Volunteer X-Rapid City/Penning County Fire old photo car looks different with all the grimes lights in place no recent photo
1970MMRapidCity-1.jpg

check out the cool overhead cabinet in this one
033-1.jpg

1970 M&M old picture presently going black over red Chicago Fire Department finding the correct lighting was the biggest challenge. no recent photo
1970MMOglalaSD.jpg

1969 M&M Classic 48 X-Palo Alto ambulance service CA
PaloAlto69MM101908005.jpg

1969 Superior Rescuer 51 Carrol Manor MD Fire Co old photo
downloadCAWWAYBW.jpg

Here is one of the pics I bought my 1968 Superior rescuer from. It is much more assembled now. This is a car, I thought was going to look better in this photo than in person. When I got the car I was impressed it was way better that it looked in this photo.
100_0366.jpg

the other cars are;
1973 S&S Profesional High Top
1971 Superior 54 X- Racine WI
1986 Lincoln Eagle Hearse (for sale)
1972 Superior Pontiac 51
I will see if I can dig up some pics of these cars...

is that red and white 70 the one you picked up out here? the one your turning in to the CFD unit

Attachments

• 1970 MM 1.jpg
    1970 MM 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 389
How many is to many you ask?

There's never to many to have!:drive2:

My mom is now up to 3! I myself have 4, as of right now! Thats 7 between the two of us, right now!:halo:

BTW, me likes the M-M's Bruce!!!:thumbsup:

is that red and white 70 the one you picked up out here? the one your turning in to the CFD unit
Yes that is the car, You would not believe how nice that junk runs and drives. When it showed up on my door step, I thought for sure it was going to be a part car at best. The interior was packed to the belt line with old fire equipment . This car just wanted to come to life.

I have 9 high top ambulances, 1 Hearse and a flower car. The sad thing is I am working on another high top. I really have fun playing with these, but some times I think I am loosing it! Am I the only one out there with this affliction?

Bruce, whatever happened to your M-M Guardian??

How many is too many? When you are spending all your time and money on buying, fixing, and storing, and none on driving, showing, and enjoying, then it's time to consider.....consider.....that it's too many.

Of course, it's hard to sell when one of the really nice ones you've sold ends up like this:
!BrjumQ!Bmk~$(KGrHqUH-D0EvD2f824TBL0KDLwYgQ~~_35.JPG

...from the owner of 10 ambulances, three other antique vehicles, one more stored but not owned, a trailer, and two daily drivers.

I should be typing my PCR into EMStat...

With that many rigs, I'd find it hard to avoid listening for slow-to-respond services to have a call, and not go out & jump their call. As long as the patient didn't need a paramedic, you could prolly get away with it once or twice. A couple states would probably certify them too.

Back