57 Superior 3way found, but...

W David Bessant

PCS Member
No I am not Atti, but I heard about this 59 and it turned out to be a 57 Superior. It is probably not restorable but there may well be a whole bunch of trim that might be useable. I will post a few photos and if needed I have some more and I can go back if needed. It is all for sale...as one piece or in parts. It is in Cardinal Ontario but quite a ways out in the fields...

The trim looks good....there are some Superior little nameplates , one good plastic brown one on the pass side rear door inside, and one good chrome one on the pass side rear fin, bother Superior scripts are good on the fins too.
All the glass is good except the pass side front window, and actually the front window is whole but smokey at the bottom right. there is some nice chrome mouldings along the window sills that still looks good...ant the table is still inside along with rollers and stuff.

Have a look and let me know if you need the info or not.

It is a poor neglected baby in my book....so sad.

Dave

I have tried to attach photos....but it did not work..I will put them somewhere on the net and post a link

try it again you should be able to. the manage attachments is just below the box you type into. under your summit reply button

very cool!

I could use the back glass (for the '57), front door panels (for the '58), and landau irons to hold onto for the '60 in case I can't find a set. Perhaps a few other small odds and ends if I take a closer inventory.

Thanks for sharing!

trying to load three pictures

here I go..hope you can see these
Dave

Attachments

• 57-3.jpg
    57-3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 57-4.jpg
    57-4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 57-5.jpg
    57-5.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 57-2.jpg
    57-2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 252
with the interior in tack it don't look all that bad. it does appear that some one has started taking stuff off. the radiator in the inside tell me no engine. and I see taillights missing. but the body from what you can see is not that bad.

More pictures to follow

Just as soon as I reduce the photos in size I will post a bunch more and then you all can tell me what else you'd like to see and I will go back and get the appropriate photos.

Dave

some more photos

here you go

Dave

Attachments

• 57-8.jpg
    57-8.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 57-9.jpg
    57-9.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 57-12.jpg
    57-12.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 57-16.jpg
    57-16.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 57-18.jpg
    57-18.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 142
some more pictures....you really think this is restorable?

Here are some more photos. So some of you really think this is restorable? I think in the previous photos you can see there is no floor at the drivers front seat...I do know I was not ale to look under the car and see if there was any underside at all..I shall do that soon for you all. I hope these pictures help.

Dave

Attachments

• 57-7-3.jpg
    57-7-3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 57-13-3.jpg
    57-13-3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 57-17-3.jpg
    57-17-3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 57-20-3.jpg
    57-20-3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 57-21-3.jpg
    57-21-3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 116
and more

more for you and then one more after this

Attachments

• 57-22-3.jpg
    57-22-3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 123
  • 57-23-3.jpg
    57-23-3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 57-25-3.jpg
    57-25-3.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 57-26-3.jpg
    57-26-3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 57-1-4.jpg
    57-1-4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 119
last bunch of photos

I hope this is not too too much

Dave

Attachments

• 57-6-4.jpg
    57-6-4.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 57-11-4.jpg
    57-11-4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 135
  • 57-14-4.jpg
    57-14-4.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 57-24-4.jpg
    57-24-4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 116
It may not be restartable, but it is a treasure trove of parts... I can see this car being worth while to part out. There are some parts there that are extremely valuable. I would try to get the whole car to your home and then part it out there over the next year. If you list the parts on ebay, I can see that car returning you over a thousand dollars or more.

we'll have to see

Thanks Paul,

I have just seen the same year landau bars on ebay for $395...and they were not in good shape....it would be quite an experience......to disassemble it and ship what is needed.......what else is of value....I imagine mostly trim and chrome...and maybe the table....

I still have to go back and see under neath to see if there are more than the one wheel I saw......and then how to manage to get it home...if the buyer and MY WIFE were agreeable.......at least I could get it maybe under a tarp at the back of my property. Any hints are always welcome..

Dave

I've posted numerous coaches in better shape with less rust that many here think of as parts cars. Agreed that the coach found is restorable. True, the total of parts will exceed the overall value of this '57 together. Huge positive that the 3-way mechanism is intact.

Conversely, large negative that the rear bumper is missing. I've been hunting one for my '58 close to two years now. Not an easy item to replace. Rest of items shown missing aren't difficult to find.

Paul is correct on eBay but confused on the timeline. Return on the investment if placed in ads on the PCS will take a year (or longer!) as few here move decisively. Methodically executed listings on eBay will net your profit margin in 2 months however, 3 tops, and the coach will be parted & gone. Use that info to assist in your wife's decision process. ;)

anything is rebuildable. if you want to. what you need to look at when thinking about is what is there. you can never replace the interior stuff with out a donor car. same year same modal. each of them was just a little different on the inside. then of course there is the desire. if that is not there the project is a loss. this car shows all the fast moving stuff gone. it's gone because it fit all of them. the interior is still there because no had a 3 way that needed any stuff. to buy the car get it home and strip it down. all the fast movers are gone you looking for some one with a three way to come buy the stuff you took off. to me it says you best have room and time. :sleep: on it. if you don't want the car you'll never get rid of the car.

Back