April 13-15 Volunteer Chapter Spring Meet

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
Jonathan Murphy, longtime PCS member and newly joined Volunteer Chapter Member, has offered to host our annual Spring meet this year in Memphis TN. We are really excited about this as we were 'running out of things' to do in Nashville. As you will see below, he has planned a very busy day for us Saturday, so bring your walking shoes. We'll be "Walking In Memphis". There is a lot of driving involved and for anyone that wants to drive their cars all day can, or if you want to ride in limos, that is an option, too. Hoping to see all the regulars, and members that this destination may be more convenient, and meet some new faces. He states he is a little OCD with the times, but wanted everyone aware of the drive times involved. Thanks Jonathan for putting this meet together!

If you have any questions, please call or email Jonathan at 901-299-9711 maxicat@att.net, Jeremy Ledford 615-604-8725 j78ledford@juno.com, or myself 615-969-2880 leeannboston@bellsouth.net

Volunteer Chapter PCS Spring Meet
April 13-15
Memphis, TN
Host Hotel: Wingate by Wyndham
2270 N. Germantown Parkway
Memphis, TN 38016
901-386-1110
www.wingateinmemphis.com

Hotel Info: 10 rooms are being held until 3/13 at $102.02 (tax included) per room, under "The Professional Car Society". When reserving change to your name, etc. After 3/13 the unbooked rooms will return to inventory. If rooms are available AFTER 3/13 and you reserve one, the same rate will be honored. Please let Jonathan, Jeremy or myself know when you've made your reservation.

Friday, April 13, 2012

7:00 p.m. For early attendees, dinner at Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken
2965 N. Germantown Parkway, Memphis

www.urbanspoon.com/r/50/540703/restaurant/Downtown/Guss-World-Famous-Fried-Chicken-Memphis

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breakfast on your own

9:15 a.m. Depart for Historic Elmwood Cemetery www.elmwoodcemetery.org

9:45 a.m. Arrive at Elmwood for tour that will begin at 10:00 a.m. Tour cost $10 per person

12 noon Depart Elmwood for lunch

12:15 p.m Arrive at the Bar-B-Que Shop, 1782 Madison Ave., for lunch
www.dancingpigs.com

1:15 p.m Depart for the Fire Museum of Memphis www.firemuseum.com

1:30 p.m. Arrive at the Fire Museum. Parking at corner of 2nd and Adams, $3 per car

2:00 p.m. Free time to either explore downtown Memphis or return to hotel for rest. Please allow 30 minutes travel time from downtown to the hotel. While downtown, feel free to ride the Main Street Trolly, explore historic Beale Street, or visit the ducks in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel.

4:30 p.m. Depart the hotel for Somerville, TN to visit historic funeral items located at the Peebles Fayette County Funeral Home. www.peeblesfuneralhome.com

5:15 p.m. Arrive in Somerville

6:15 p.m. Depart Somerville for dinner in Oakland at the Olympic Steak and Pizza, 6250 Highway 64, Suite 12, Oakland. www.olympicsteakpizza.com

6:30 p.m. Arrive in Oakland

7:30 p.m. Depart for hotel

8:00 p.m. Arrive at the hotel for a Powerpoint Presentation in the Conference Room given by Joe Weller, son of Harold Weller and nephew of George Weller, founders of Weller Brothers.

Sunday April 15, 2012

Open to anyone wanting to meet for breakfast - time and place to be decided...

Darn it!! I have to work but you picked some great places to go. Elmwood cemetery is awesome I went on a tour during Halloween that they have which includes characters dressed up to tell the stories of the people buried there and the city. You all will have a great time at Mr. Tom's funeral home he has some great stuff there to see. There is a new Gus's that opend up on Mendenhall rd you all might like to check out their promo vehicle is and 80's collins hearse with a big rooster on top of it.

If you are planning on attending the meet in Memphis, please let Jeremy or myself know so we can inform Jonathan. It's a month from today! He's worked hard on this meet, so if you get a chance, please try to attend. Hope to see 'ya there! If you need to make a reservation, please do so soon, the rooms will be turned back out to inventory today, but the rates will still apply. There are also other hotels in the area.

Hotel Info Update

We will be changing hotels for the Memphis meet. We were told remaining rooms would be released 3/13/12 and the same group rate would apply. I called to make my reservation last night and all they had left were single bed rooms and it wasn't showing in the system to honor the group rate. Jonathon called today and the person that gave him the group rate is no longer in sales. He'll be shopping around for a new location in the next few days. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Updated info will be posted as soon as available.

New hotel info

The new hotel for the April 13 - 15 Volunteer Chapter Meet in Memphis is as follows:

$ 89.99 - $104.35 with tax. If anyone booked at the previous hotel, this new one is one exit away. The price difference is minimal.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

1-800-780-7234 - Ask for the Professional Car Society rate.

Best Western Galleria, a direct link is below:

Here is their website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...62&cm_mmc=IYP_2011-_-Ypcom-_-property-_-43162

Anyone that is planning on meeting for dinner on the 13th, please let Jonathan know. You can email him at maxicat@att.net. He would appreciate a head count so he can make arrangements with the restaurant.

Also, the hotel offers a complimentary full breakfast.

Back