The 61 Eureka is finally home!!

Hey everyone the ambulance from Taos NM has finally reached her new home in
NJ. Got her running, driving, and stopping within the first hour. The car is really special. It has 58-61 Cadillac bucket seats in front with a console. It appears as if the car was originally painted a dark to medium blue color. I'm curious if anyone knows how Eureka painted the cars before selling them off to customers. The car is much more appealing in person then in pictures. Having been born in 1977 I can't say that I remember seeing a Cadillac ambulance in service. I'm in the process of trying to figure out all the controls in the drivers compartment as well as in the back. I need to speak with an expert on Eureka cars. If anyone out there knows about this style ambulance please feel free to call me at 908 295 7610. Thanks Jeremy

PS How the ____ do you post pictures??? :confused: Would love to share some with you folks.:confused:

Oh my gosh,another kid with a toy....congrats on your purchase,before you tear anything apart check the search bar here for advice on operations and repairs posted there ,the information there and the advice available on this site will save you countless dollars,and as I told Mike Boyer earlier sitting on a lawn chair in the back yard watching the lights is quite acceptable....:smileflagcan:

'59-'60 and '61-'62 Cadillac buckets differ. Bucket seats in an early rig is definitely part of the allure. Hope you leave them in there. :thumb:

You can host pics on any free web based service (Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.) then copy image and paste here using 'Insert Image' icon.

Hey everyone the ambulance from Taos NM has finally reached her new home in
NJ. Got her running, driving, and stopping within the first hour. The car is really special. It has 58-61 Cadillac bucket seats in front with a console. It appears as if the car was originally painted a dark to medium blue color. I'm curious if anyone knows how Eureka painted the cars before selling them off to customers. The car is much more appealing in person then in pictures. Having been born in 1977 I can't say that I remember seeing a Cadillac ambulance in service. I'm in the process of trying to figure out all the controls in the drivers compartment as well as in the back. I need to speak with an expert on Eureka cars. If anyone out there knows about this style ambulance please feel free to call me at 908 295 7610. Thanks Jeremy

PS How the ____ do you post pictures??? :confused: Would love to share some with you folks.:confused:

So, is it safe to assume that those are a manually operated bucket seats then? Did Cadillac ever offer manual bucket seats in a regular passenger car? All of the Cadillac buckets that I have seen in standard passenger cars have been power on both sides. I love the bucket seats in an ambulance. That '61 Eureka is the oldest ambulance that I have seen with them.

now the fun begins a good bath always helps stuff. the simple was to post pictures is to become a site supporter. the you can just add them to your post. the price is cheap enough and it's the way we pay for the site

Back