Anybody know about wiper refills???

Trying to get car ready to get tagged and realized I need wiper blades. AutoZone said I need a 15" wide, which they don't carry. Searched the posts here but not sure what I'm looking for. Anybody know what wiper refill fits a 1964 and where to get them?

I have the info you need.

There are exact fit replacement blades with steel housings that look exactly like the originals. I believe the housings are stainless.

I will get the part number and brand name for you in the next couple days and post the info here.

Not many people know about these but they are still available and cost about 15.00 each.

I was thrilled when I found them.

I will take a photo, get the brand name and part number for you.

I just need to get to my cars in storage. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

Darren

Trying to get car ready to get tagged and realized I need wiper blades. AutoZone said I need a 15" wide, which they don't carry. Searched the posts here but not sure what I'm looking for. Anybody know what wiper refill fits a 1964 and where to get them?

Most of the replacement blades are plastics .If you still have the original stainless steel ones keep them. Just get some refills the same length or longer,you then can take the rubber out if the plastic refills and put then in the original stainless blades. You cut them down if needed . And or keep a eye out on eBay etc.

I still have the blades and just checked and the stainless is fine. Thanks for the help and I'll look forward to the info and pics.

refills

If you find the rubber only refills make sure they are the same size (dimensions) as your old ones. I found that refills come in very narrow, some bean counter must have figured they could save $$ by trimming the rubber down. Remember, don't throw anything away until you are sure you have the correct replacement parts to fit your coach.
Mike

Here is the info promised:

Trico CLASSIC wiper blades
15" part number is: 33-150
Silver steel blade to look like the original
Same clip as original blade.

These just fit right on and look very close to the original blades.

I still have not found just the rubber replacement.
After finding these, I stopped looking.

I would still like a replacement rubber for my original blades
if anyone has a part number for them.

Most auto supplies can get these but might not stock them.
Too bad they don't stock them as they would sell them if people
knew they were available.

I'm in Canada and I get them from a friend who works in a auto parts store. I would be willing to order them and bring them to Ohio in July if you can't find any.

For those of you in the US, if you buy some, post here where you got them so others know.
Post the price as well so people have an idea of what they cost.

Hope this helps ! I was thrilled to find these !

Take it easy,
Darren

Attachments

• IMG_6860 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_6860 (640x480).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6862 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_6862 (640x480).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 159
That blade is only correct for model year 1967 and up, since it is a brushed finish. The original Trico blade was a polished stainless steel. The good news is that the original stainless steel blade holders are relatively easy to find at swap meets, since they were used from the 1950's up till 1966, when the change was made in 1967 to the brushed finish. What is extremely difficult to find are the original arms, since they were specific to the year of the car usually. The only good thing about the arms is that GM mostly used the same arm across all lines in the same year, with the exception only being between compact, mid size, and full size cars.

Paul, are you saying that I could purchase the 33-150 blade in brushed stainless and take out the rubber part and clip onto my original blades? Is the blade considered the rubber and metal part or just the rubber part. Please clarify difference between blades and arms. I have all original pieces of the wipers, just needing to replace rubber.

Doug

The arm is the part that goes from the hood area to the blade.
The blade is the part that holds the rubber.

I have asked many people at meets, including Paul, for a supplier or part number of just the rubber and have never gotten anywhere.

If I were you, I would get a set of the blades I mentioned and you will have no problem at all. Very few people if any at all, would ever know they were not the correct blades. As long as you have a new rubber wiping your windshield, thats all that matters right now.

When I do find just a replacement rubber, I will let you and everyone else know what the part number is and where to get them.

Keep your original blades for the day we find a refill.

Hope this helps,
Darren

Darren... I remember your asking this question of me in Albany, and I said that I just purchased any blade that was of the correct length, and took the rubber out of that blade and inserted it into the original blade that I have. On my 1962 Chevrolet and my 1963 Chrysler, having the correct blades is important, since they are visually out in the open. On my 1969, the blades are hidden under the hood except when they are in use, so it isn't as important to me. If you or anyone else needs additional help, please let me know, and I will do a picture post of what I am referring to. Please keep in mind that both Trico and Anco were used by the automobile manufacturers, and that each brand will present its own challenges to fit the rubber into the old holders. It isn't difficult, but it does take a little time and dexterity to do this. Paul

Paul

I meant I never got anywhere with finding a rubber that would fit the blade,
NOT that I didn't get help from a fellow PCS member.

Sorry for the misunderstanding if that's what you thought.

You help many members all the time.

Darren

i have always found anco refills at he locale car quest store. are we saying now they are that hard to find. man what is this world coming to.

Back