Mounting rocker moldings

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
I'm mounting my rocker moldings onto my '75 Superior. The body has 8 single holes for the clips and 9 screw holes for the bottom of the molding on each side. Does anyone know what clip I need.. or better yet, anyone have the clips I need?

Attachments

• rocker molding hole.jpg
    rocker molding hole.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Rocker molding profile.jpg
    Rocker molding profile.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 185
Clips

Jim ,This is what my 68 Superior uses , I think it is the same as what you need. It screws to the body and the top of the molding slides into it and the bottom of the molding screws to the rocker.

Attachments

• DSC02621.jpg
    DSC02621.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC02622.jpg
    DSC02622.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC02623.jpg
    DSC02623.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 137
Jim ,This is what my 68 Superior uses , I think it is the same as what you need. It screws to the body and the top of the molding slides into it and the bottom of the molding screws to the rocker.

Thanks Dan. Any part # on that?

that is a MM Design they use it on the front fender and sometimes on the dog leg. in between On the 69 also but on the 75 it had tabs chopped out of flat stock. Eureka is using that same type of homemade hanger as that. and so did superior. there are round ones that GM used available on both plastic or steel. AVECKO has them. all it does is allow the molding to hang on it then it screwed into the rocker threw the slotted holes. GM has used any number of tabs that screw on to the body to hain on the top. here are the set from the Eureka sn the set I put on the 64 I can get you the avecko number if you need it. there the ones I used on the 64

Attachments

• IMG_0183a.jpg
    IMG_0183a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_13677 a.jpg
    IMG_13677 a.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 134
Back