Need help in CORRECTLY identifying beacon

James Fischer

PCS Member
Hello everyone

I have a local gentleman that says he has a couple of old beacons from the 70s'

He was not sure what model they are or the manufacturer.....

That made me think about the beacon on the 72 Superior....I thought it was a Dietz 7-11 ??,,,but maybe not.......:stars: He did not think it was a Dietz.....

So if anyone can chime in and tell me for sure I would certainly appreciate it....

Thank you in advance !!

Jim

Last edited:
I have an old Dietz like that in the garage.. I believe that particular model light was re-badged by a number of different manufacturers. Based on the one that I have, I can tell that it wasn't a quality product when new, and time hasn't served the one that I have well. The best part of it are the bulbs.

I have an old Dietz like that in the garage.. I believe that particular model light was re-badged by a number of different manufacturers. Based on the one that I have, I can tell that it wasn't a quality product when new, and time hasn't served the one that I have well. The best part of it are the bulbs.

Thanks Paul......

I agree that it does not look to be really quality made.....but it does work and I anticipate replacing it with a 184......but still curious as to who made it....there are no markings on the outside or inside....and I really did not feel like taking it all apart just to find out.....
Jim

I'll Guess!

DO-Ray?

Where's JD when you need him!

Looking down on all of us! RIP

Over and out!

Rick

the curved base looks Dietz, the dome looks like a replacement. As Paul mentioned Dietz was also sold under other nameplates. If you could post a picture without the dome that could help.

Looks like a Dietz 211 (later 711) with a Federal 184 retainer ring and an aftermarket (off brand) dome.

Since mine was sitting on top of the tool box, it was easy to get this picture. The data plate is located on the dome retaining ring.

Attachments

• MVC-021L.JPG
    MVC-021L.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 527
Since mine was sitting on top of the tool box, it was easy to get this picture. The data plate is located on the dome retaining ring.

Thanks Paul.....

Mine does not have ANY plate,sticker,or engraving.....
I am thinking its a "Frankenstein"..made up of various pieces to make it work....Hmmm wondering what the INSIDE is.....Ill have to take a look if the mechanism is marked.....

if it lights up and goes round and round it works. those were manly desined for the pole mount thats why they are fully inclosed. farly simple construction the one I had was plastic and brass grears at least. better then the cardboard or rubber drive wheel or rubberband like some of the others.

Back