1986 S&S Cadillac Hearse front drive

You have to love his (brief)description! "Exterior needs some work"........ like, what??

It will be interesting to see what the bidding goes to. There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in these first generation FWDs yet. I know where you can have your pick of a dozen of them for $1400.

at 89 thousand on her all the cheap factory stuff that went out around 40 has all ready been changed. the nice part of them is they don't take up a lot of room. but man I hate working on my H&E.

no room

at 89 thousand on her all the cheap factory stuff that went out around 40 has all ready been changed. the nice part of them is they don't take up a lot of room. but man I hate working on my H&E.

ever had to change the waterpump on it yet? seal behind the harmonic balancer is fun too. been there!!

You have to love his (brief)description! "Exterior needs some work"........ like, what??

It will be interesting to see what the bidding goes to. There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in these first generation FWDs yet. I know where you can have your pick of a dozen of them for $1400.

Too bad I didn't have the money, for that price I would buy them all if they were in nice condition, and preferably low top. I love the one I own.

THis is at SHields Southeast Hearse sales in Ga. That is about average for one of their descriptions. FOr some reason they change their seller ID very often.

ever had to change the waterpump on it yet? seal behind the harmonic balancer is fun too. been there!!

did that at 50 thousand. the nice part of working on one of these is that it vary easy to drop the sub frame out (4 bolts) everything is in the clear. if you have one of the side post lifts you just lift the body up enough to clean the engine from the sub frame. drop it back down when your done. zip the bolts back in and hook up any thing else you disconnected and drive it off.

but to do it in the car is a real fight.

did that at 50 thousand. the nice part of working on one of these is that it vary easy to drop the sub frame out (4 bolts) everything is in the clear. if you have one of the side post lifts you just lift the body up enough to clean the engine from the sub frame. drop it back down when your done. zip the bolts back in and hook up any thing else you disconnected and drive it off.

but to do it in the car is a real fight.

Yup. My water pump was done at about 85,000. I remember thinking oh great, now what, when I drove by the shop and saw the engine dropped out the bottom. Mechanic said it was much easier for him, and cheaper for me to do it that way.

Back