1975 MM Lifeliner- for sale in whole or part

Kevin Lynch

PCS Member
Fellow members: I am never going to be able to restore my Lifeliner. I am currently working on a 36 Ford rescue truck for myself and a 70 Bel Air for the sheriff. The Lifeliner has had much work done on it and much replaced; This is posted her as I'd rather "keep it in the family." Please read on....
1975 Cadillac Miller Meteor Lifeliner Ambulance

This historic vehicle served the Keyport, NJ Ambulance Squad when new.

I bought it from an antique emergency vehicle collector several years ago in South Carolina. I had the engine rebored at that time, (.0020 I believe) then brought the entire vehicle home to Florida. The engine was rebuilt with a kit (cost $999). This engine has ZERO miles on it (500 cid).

I then bought a 1975 Cadillac Coupe deVille as a parts car.
The following parts were taken from the parts car and installed on the ambulance:

Front clip including bumper
Front door skins
Entire floor from firewall to the raised floor

Mechanical
The motor was rebuilt by The Big Machine LLC Sarasota.
It turns over but I have as yet to get it to run since last time I took it off my trailer possibly 2014. It is currently under the care of it’s mechanic.
The boring, kit, and rebuild cost $3,000.
The following were replaced:
Rochester Quadrajet Carb
Spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor
Fuel pump and fuel line
Oil pump
Misc bearings and seals
Various gaskets, hoses, belts and clamps
Misc. parts and bushings
Master cylinder
Brake rotors, calipers, shoes, lines

Front heavy duty coil springs
Front shocks
New Tires (still zero miles)
The original seats had been removed before my ownership. I obtained a bench front seat from a 1970 MM Combo car. I had that seat and the jump seats reupholstered in a light tan. I was planning to paint the vinyl with SEM paint to match the “camel” or “police package brown” interior. The front seat will require additional holes in the floor for installation. The interior door panels have been removed and are in fair condition. The rear door panel is removed; it appears to be made of cardboard and should be replaced, but keeping the vinyl.

Chrome and trim:

I will include all the pieces of chrome and trim that belong to this car. This includes the windshield trim and the trim at the base of the windshield. Year correct hubcaps. I will include all duplicate chrome items from the parts car. I believe I have every nut and bolt that came off the front and rear end.

Rear bumper: I bought a replacement, which is in very good condition. (3 pieces)

Tires:
Exterior emergency equipment:
One pair of Federal 184 roof lights with skirts cut to the roof line
Unity two-sided spot lights on A pillars
Two federal roof speakers with mounts (100 watt)
**Federal siren if it can be located**
Federal radio speaker
The front tunnel lights are sola-rays. All light rims and side light fixtures.

Interior equipment:
Vintage Federal two-way radio, speaker, microphone and dash board clip
Federal radio tube or transistor unit for appearance (although usually installed behind passenger front seat).
Ferno stretcher with pad (and all hardware for securing to wall)
Interior hardware (curtain accessories).

Dozens of photos posted at www.ThisOldFire.Truck.com Videos can be e-mailed.

Obvious needs: The rear flooring was removed at the beginning of the project.
The ceiling and dash have mold. The ceiling material has problems. All glass appears perfect. Any Questions? MMCADDY@aol.com
Asking $4000.
Thanks for reading!

Kevin Lynch Venice, FL

Kevin,
Your $4000 price is extremely fair with all that you have done to it! This is a good deal for someone looking for a project that has had a lot of the expensive stuff already completed!

Yes there's a difference

Yes and I sold the Suburban that towed it as well! (not at the same time).
Thanks fer askin'

Shipping

Wow. That must have cost a fortune to get to Hawaii. Best of luck.

Richard,
Its not as expensive as you would think,I ship several cars a year between the Port of Oakland or Port Hueneme to Bremerhaven Germany or even Antwerp, Belgium and it always runs between $800-$1100.00.....;)

Thats a lot cheaper then shipping them coast to coast by truck....;)

I briefly looked into automobile shipping out of curiousity awhile back and I read that you have to be careful who you use and to make sure they put the cars in containers. If left uncovered rust can form while on the boat in as little as a couple weeks. At least that's what I read.

New project

Actually in California with my brother and pro-car partner. To Hawaii is about $800-1200 depending on the size and boat. Container is better and allowed at this cost.

Back