Limousine Crash

https://www.foxnews.com/us/20-dead-after-limousine-vehicle-crash-in-new-york

20 dead after limousine, vehicle crash in New York:

By Katherine Lam

At least 20 people were killed Saturday after a limousine, reportedly carrying a wedding party, and another vehicle crashed at an intersection in upstate New York, police said on Sunday.

Of the people killed, 18 were in the limousine and two were bystanders, a person with knowledge of the investigation into a crash told The Associated Press. The person was not authorized to discuss the preliminary information publicly and spoke Sunday on the condition of anonymity.

Local reports indicated the limousine was carrying a wedding party, but officials would not confirm further details until the news conference scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday. The victims' names were not released.

Police received 911 calls of a two-vehicle collision just before 2 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of State Route 30 and 30A in Schoharie, a town about 43 miles west of Albany, police said. The National Transportation Safety Board — who said on Sunday it was sending a “go-team” to the crash site — confirmed one of the vehicles was a limousine.

“What we can tell you at this point is that it is a 2 vehicle, multi fatalities as a result of this crash. The investigation is very preliminary it’s in its infancy stages,” New York State Police Capt. Richard O’Brien said in a Saturday night news conference.

The crash occurred near Apple Barrel Country Store, a place popular with tourists during fall. The store's parking lot was filled with cars and people at the time of the crash when the limousine came speeding down a hill, the Times Union of Albany reported.

Bridey Finnagen, who lives near the crash site, told WTEN she heard a loud bang followed by screaming.

“I heard a loud bang I came out my front door to see what was going on,” Finnagen told the station. “I saw a lot of people here at the Apple Barrel out in the parking lot. Then I heard screaming. Then I saw this large van, a very unusual looking vehicle out here in Schoharie in the bushes and really wrecked, hit a tree.”

Emergency crews from the Schoharie County Sheriff’s Office, New York state police and the Red Cross arrived at the scene.

“The first responders broke some windows to try to get people out. I believe the jaws of life were here on the side of one of the fire trucks,” Finnagen recalled.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Apple Barrel released a statement Saturday on its Facebook page thanking first responders. The store said it will be open on Sunday.

“As you may be aware, there was a horrific accident in front of our business today [Saturday]. First, we want to thank all of the emergency services that responded. We are so thankful for all of you,” the store said, adding that their “hearts and prayers go out to everyone” involved in the fatal crash.

Last report 18 in the Limo are dead {wedding party} and two people in the parking lot of the restaurant also killed,so sad thoughts also go out to first responders can only imagine the feeling of being overwhelmed by the sheer carnage..

2001 Ford Excursion "limo" (probably slipping around BUS designation & regulations) carrying 20 people. Destination was a local boutique brewery for a Birthday party.

Heavy emphasis is being placed on autopsies for all victims. There is a major dome over all information by NY Troopers the main Law Enforcement in the area. Information leaking out from Vol First Responders is victims didn't look that bad but were dead.

I'm wondering given the temperature in the area if it wasn't a case of Carbon Monoxide in a closed vehicle before the "Limo" topped the hill.

The intersection is a well known money mine for local tow trucks to pick up big wrecks and big bucks. Wrecker I'm fairly confident got the job ain't saying word 1.

The "Limo" was coming downhill into a T and STOP sign. Some reports indicate the "Limo" made no attempt to stop.

Anything could be it! The "Limo" was 17 years old if the 17 years were spent in that area the underside must have looked like rot city. I made the mistake of buying three Crown Vic Sheriffs cars from a county up there, running gear fine frames etc all rotten could not even use front fenders one the wires running across the front cross member just crumbled when touched. Scrapped all three not saleable at all. Sounds like the "limo" was a death trap, close to or overloaded and god knows what the brake lines etc. were like. Time will tell but should be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

Sad to hear about this. 20 people sounds like alot. I was in a limo once with like 10 people at my friend's wedding and it was pretty miserable. Cramped and hot. SUV limos just scare me. I feel like rollover risk would be pretty high on those. But I may be wrong.

this was the articular out of the locale paper today fresh out of the AP. notice the discrepancies from the initial release. the problem today is there is such a hast to get it first that facts are not necessary. then in to days got to post it first on line the slightly not correct version is the one shared by the world. me I would rather get the new later and accurate then first and wrong.

but from the talk in the parking lot this intersection is not will marked as it happens a lot. we will await the next installment for the rest of the story

Attachments

• IMG_8915.jpg
    IMG_8915.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 688
2 new additions to the story personally announced by Dictator Cuomo.

The "Limo" was inspected last month and FAILED - no explanation of what items failed.

The driver was NOT licensed to operate that Class of vehicle.

More information will begin to leak soon.

2 new additions to the story personally announced by Dictator Cuomo.

The "Limo" was inspected last month and FAILED - no explanation of what items failed.

The driver was NOT licensed to operate that Class of vehicle.

More information will begin to leak soon.

Attachments

• limo 1.jpg
    limo 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 290
  • limo2.jpg
    limo2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 293
Another leak- One of the passengers texted minutes before impact that the "Limo" was a complete rattletrap. They were in the "Limo" because the bus originally chartered has Issues and the "Limo" was substituted.

This will be an extensive investigation.
It is now reported one of the victims was a staff employee of a State Senator.

The "limo" owner's carrier authority has been pulled at this point.

I got a buck says the owner of the property where the "limo" came to rest and the contractor who dug the ditch and built the berm will be getting sued too for the ditch & berm being there.

My observation is that the Suv in question was a 240" ext. or equates to a 40 ft limousine, built by Ultra or Craftsman both out of business and they weren't designed for 20 people. seating was more likely knee to knee , brake fade is common problem with conversions of this size. long limousine's or super stretch's have always been a topic with in the limousine industry.

Last edited:
Cork's out of the bottle!

DOT is haulin azz out of the way by announcing the entire fleet of the company is now impounded.
They have also admitted the company has been under investigation for some time.

The owner is last known to be in Pakistan

Nobody knows where the driver records are.

Looks like the Feds are next in line at the Spill your guts line.
The owner may or may not have testified for them in some terrorist thing.

The only absolute at this moment is 20 people are DEAD.

Back