Franklin Funeral

Quote:
"Swanson Funeral Home's 1940 Cadillac LaSalle hearse, which carried Aretha Franklin's casket to Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit Tuesday morning, is parked outside during the public viewing for Franklin, Aug. 28, 2018. According to the the Detroit Free Press, the same hearse carried civil rights icon Rosa Parks, Temptations tenor David Ruffin, and her father, Rev. C.L. Franklin. (Tanya Moutzalias | MLive.com) Tanya Moutzalias | MLive.com (Tanya Moutzalias)"

full story https://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/08/aretha_franklins_last_ride_wil.html

Attachments

• Franklin hearse.jpg
    Franklin hearse.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 232
Quote:
"Swanson Funeral Home's 1940 Cadillac LaSalle hearse, which carried Aretha Franklin's casket to Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit Tuesday morning, is parked outside during the public viewing for Franklin, Aug. 28, 2018. According to the the Detroit Free Press, the same hearse carried civil rights icon Rosa Parks, Temptations tenor David Ruffin, and her father, Rev. C.L. Franklin. (Tanya Moutzalias | MLive.com) Tanya Moutzalias | MLive.com (Tanya Moutzalias)"

full story https://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/08/aretha_franklins_last_ride_wil.html

I think Mr. Swanson and-or his Funeral Home should be made a Member of the PCS. I will "comp" his National and Local Dues. MM

I think Mr. Swanson and-or his Funeral Home should be made a Member of the PCS. I will "comp" his National and Local Dues. MM

I would imagine that he and/or the funeral home can afford the dues! There are many other funeral homes with old procars that I'd also like to see as PCS members. In many cases, all it might take is a suggestion from one of us.

I would imagine that he and/or the funeral home can afford the dues! There are many other funeral homes with old procars that I'd also like to see as PCS members. In many cases, all it might take is a suggestion from one of us.

I agree Steve...but I am still fine with comp-ing their first years dues to get the ball rolling and hopefully they will continue their membership(s) in the Local Chapter and the National PCS in subsequent years. If there is a PCS Chapter that covers the Detroit Area.... can you do the 1st step of contacting them? Then e-mail me where to send the check. THX-MM

I agree Steve...but I am still fine with comp-ing their first years dues to get the ball rolling and hopefully they will continue their membership(s) in the Local Chapter and the National PCS in subsequent years. If there is a PCS Chapter that covers the Detroit Area.... can you do the 1st step of contacting them? Then e-mail me where to send the check. THX-MM

Russ Dalziel is the President of the Motor City Chapter

Back