70 Superior-Pontiac Consort Ambulance Pictures

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I finally got a chance to take some better pictures of the Consort today and I thought I would post a few, if anyone cares to see them. Some of you are probably aware that this ambulance has some issues and to make it worse, Lucille was not a fan and that is putting it mildly. However, with the 68 gone and today being a nice day, it seems Lucille is warming up to the idea of keeping it. We will be taking it to a couple of local car shows and several cruise nights in the coming days, if all goes according to plan. We will see how it goes.

Attachments

• P1160204.jpg
    P1160204.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 364
  • P1160205.jpg
    P1160205.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 560
  • P1160206.jpg
    P1160206.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 341
  • P1160211.jpg
    P1160211.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 340
  • P1160180.jpg
    P1160180.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 341
  • P1160181.jpg
    P1160181.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 340
  • P1160182.jpg
    P1160182.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 337
  • P1160192.jpg
    P1160192.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 339
This is a sign that I must be losing it!

I fixed it for you...

Have the right (passenger) side headlamp checked for a bad ground, or it might be that the bulb is going dead. Either way, it needs attention. If you plan on driving it in the evenings, then I would invest in 2 new halogen headlamps. After all, you need as much light as possible, considering that your high beams have been replaced by the red bulbs.
Back in 1970, when our squad got our new Superior Cadillac, it came with the red high beams installed, and when we took it for inspection at the State Inspection location, it failed because they said that all four bulbs had to be clear. Being that I was the one that took it for inspection, and I was also the one that had to remove the red bulbs and put in the clear, I "inherited" the red bulbs. I still have them in my collection of "stuff" that never got used again.
At one time, I was looking at a 1970 Pontiac ambulance, and where the inserts are between the high beam and the grille, were mounted red flashing lights. I only saw them in the picture, and I have no idea how they were installed. Should you have a problem with getting a inspection sticker, that might be an alternative location to use for the red flashers.
attachment.php

Back in the days of the Dodge Diplomat many local townships not the State Police had the red inner lights and no issues with Pennsylvanias strict inspection. Today the Taurus and Explorers have a factory option of red leds built in the headlights and on the Crown Vics many townships drilled the plastic headlights and installed strobes in them. The townshio we just bought the 16 vehicles from went a bit overboard they red and blue led grill lights red side visible lights on the push bar and red strobes in the marker lights.

I fixed it for you...

Have the right (passenger) side headlamp checked for a bad ground, or it might be that the bulb is going dead. Either way, it needs attention. If you plan on driving it in the evenings, then I would invest in 2 new halogen headlamps. After all, you need as much light as possible, considering that your high beams have been replaced by the red bulbs.
Back in 1970, when our squad got our new Superior Cadillac, it came with the red high beams installed, and when we took it for inspection at the State Inspection location, it failed because they said that all four bulbs had to be clear. Being that I was the one that took it for inspection, and I was also the one that had to remove the red bulbs and put in the clear, I "inherited" the red bulbs. I still have them in my collection of "stuff" that never got used again.
At one time, I was looking at a 1970 Pontiac ambulance, and where the inserts are between the high beam and the grille, were mounted red flashing lights. I only saw them in the picture, and I have no idea how they were installed. Should you have a problem with getting a inspection sticker, that might be an alternative location to use for the red flashers.
attachment.php

Thanks for fixing my ambulance Paul. As far as inspection, New Jersey no longer inspects cars 1995 and older.

Back