Back in the game...

Steve Loftin

PCS Member
Site Supporter
For those that don't know, I recently bought the 1972 C/B Cotington combination advertised in these forums. While it's a 46 year old car that isn't perfect, it is VERY nice. Kudos to PCS member Rich Groeber for how this car has been treated and maintained while in his possession!

This car is complete except for the roof plug and one window crank knob; if anyone here has (or knows of) any extras, please let me know.

Here are a few photos:

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,502
  • 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,474
  • 215.jpg
    215.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 175.jpg
    175.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,465
Options on this car include a crinkle roof, landau panels, ambulance inserts, A/C front and rear, IV hook, rear door nameplate brackets, AM radio, 28 siren, and a 176-D beacon.

Congratulations on your new vehicle. :thumbsup: It is a very attractive car, and I know how dependable and good handling that era of Oldsmobile's are. If you need any help with the mechanicals, we are here for you.
Paul

I will give you a window crank for it if you put me at the head of the list for when you grow tired of it! PM me your mailing address.

Last seen in public at the 1995 International meet in Fort Wayne. Looks like it has held up well over the last 23 years! Both it and it's sister car were at that meet.

Congratulations Steve, real nice car and I also really like the way those Oldsmobiles of that era run and drive. Enjoy your new ride!

Congratulations, my friend! That's one beautiful looking car. It couldn't have ended up in better hands. Glad to see that you're finally "back in the game."

Good to see a real nice car go to a well deserved home. Hope you have a garage for it. Any plans or leaving it as is? It looks to need very little to be pristine.

great riding vehicle!

Those C/B Oldsmobiles all had a better ride than any Cadillacs (in my opinion). The '73 C/B Olds ambulance I had was like riding on marshmellows...........

Great car!:applause:

That Takes Me Back

Congrats Steve, car looks great. Reminds me of a combo Stier Israel Funeral Home ran back in the day. I always loved the look of the C/Bs.

Good to see a real nice car go to a well deserved home. Hope you have a garage for it. Any plans or leaving it as is? It looks to need very little to be pristine.

I'm working on getting a metal garage built, and will rent storage space until it's completed.

I plan on leaving it like it is except for a repaint (needed; will stay original white) and possibly swapping out the siren and beacon. I may swap the 28 for a PA15 or PA20 with dual speakers. I might convert the beacon to a red 174--which I already have--or, possibly replace it with a 184H-D (preferred, if I can find one cut to fit).

I plan to equip it as a combination would've been around here in that era...two-way radio, 30 cot (maybe a 26, 27, or 54--depends on what I can find), 11 stretcher, backboard, main 02, portable 02, some basic medical supplies, linens, etc., and so forth.

Last seen in public at the 1995 International meet in Fort Wayne. Looks like it has held up well over the last 23 years! Both it and it's sister car were at that meet.

Please post photos of the sister car if you have them. Where is it now?

For those that don't know, this girl was originally one of twins owned by a firm in Indiana. They were alternated monthly for ambulance and hearse duty.

Back