Notice to all website members - Please read

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I have learned that Gmail is not delivering some of the emails that are generated through this website, such as birthday notices, notice of Private Message, etc.. I have been attempting to remedy this, however, all my attempts to date have been futile. If you are using a Gmail account for your registration email address on this website, I suggest that you replace it with another email address. If you need assistance with the new email address, please contact me by Private Message along with the new email address, and I will make the change for you.
Thanks
Paul Steinberg
Senior Website Administrator

I have been working on this, and have learned that a lot of mail is being generated by people subscribing to the various threads, with email notifications. gmail sees all the same or very similar wording, and then thinks that the emails are spam. They then blacklisted our email server as being a sender of spam. For this reason, I will be unsubscribing all threads from all users with gmail accounts. If you are using a gmail account on the website, you presently are not getting these notices, so it won't effect you, because you are not receiving them when they are sent.
This will eliminate the bulk of email that gmail is receiving from our server, that they then bounce back. Once the volume of email is diminished, I hope to be able to get them to once again allow our emails to go through. In the meantime, the best solution if for you, the member, is to change your email address on the website to another email service.

Back