stageway

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we ran up to Jim's auto salvage today, he had the only 455 in the country. i'm not going to say what I payed for it but I got one. weighting out the 500 mile run with the trailer pulling two motors then getting rid of a car which I could not use parts on to swap to mine I probably broke even on that. thanks for the help everyone.

always a interesting trip even if we did pick the coldest day this year to do it. 42 raining and windy day up there. this was sitting out in the yard. he said that he had been chasing it a long time. an air-porter.

Paul, asked him about the 61 AC unit he said he had no Ida of any with a band on them but he had a van full of them and your welcome to look threw them.

Attachments

• IMG_8812.jpg
    IMG_8812.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8813.jpg
    IMG_8813.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 155
yes and no. a over night run to get it and 60 miles to get rid of it after I payed some one to swap motors. I'm not able to part one out here at the house. this one was a 71 complete less starter and air cleaner. so not a smog motor. and all I have in getting it is 30 bucks gas and lunch for me and Les. just about the same money wise a lot shorter time wise. with no one to look in on Kandy over night two days gone is a question right now. looking up though, since we got back from seeing her kids she really got a new interest in life. had it been a 1 or 2 that I could have swapped out ac controls on I would have looked harder at getting it.
still have the number just in case this one is not as good as they said. a rebuilt is 3 grand and no one here will handle them any more as they have been two burnt on the current set of motors they have been getting. thanks for the tip had it been a run over run back same day we would have gotten it.

Paul, asked him about the 61 AC unit he said he had no Ida of any with a band on them but he had a van full of them and your welcome to look threw them.

Thanks for thinking about me and my part. I located the part, and the car is in the home stretch to being completed.

Back