Back in the game...

Transporting these things can be frustrating, to say the least. Truckers struggle with communication. a friends coach was picked up here by a single-car roll-off and I think it took 6 days to make the 1 day drive to his place.

Stockpiles

Wish you were closer Steve we would deck that baby out. I have managed to hoard quite a bit of gear that is making my garage a much smaller place.

Wish you were closer Steve we would deck that baby out. I have managed to hoard quite a bit of gear that is making my garage a much smaller place.

I'll try to get by there before the end of the year and lighten your burden. It'll be a sacrifice on my part, but--anything for a friend!

Please post photos of the sister car if you have them. Where is it now?

For those that don't know, this girl was originally one of twins owned by a firm in Indiana. They were alternated monthly for ambulance and hearse duty.

Sorry for the very poor quality pictures here but this is all I've found at the moment of the sister C/B that originally belonged to Bender's in North Manchester, Indiana. The sister car was purchased in 1974 (repainted bottom to silver) by the May Funeral Home in Lagrange, Indiana. They kept the car in front line service until 1995. It was replaced by a Eagle Chevrolet full size coach. The Eagle Chevrolet was not a tail stretch Alternative but a full size funeral coach like the Buick's Eagle built ( this is the only one I have ever seen). It was then purchased by the Westbrook-Metz & Clouse Funeral Home in Elkhart, Indiana. Terry Clouse brought it to the 1995 PCS meet in Fort Wayne where it was reunited with it's twin. The sister car has changed hands several times since then and was owned by a PCS member in Tennessee that last I knew.

Attachments

• 98 hearse 880.jpg
    98 hearse 880.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 98 hearse 881.jpg
    98 hearse 881.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 418
I do plan to keep the car in ambulance mode, but still want it to be fully functional as both.

I now have an authentic roof plug, thanks to Jeremy Ledford:

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 315
Glovebox goodies

Interesting items; I'm especially glad to get the wiring diagram, just in case:

Attachments

• 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 551
The only other book that would be a great thing to have is the 1972 Oldsmobile Parts Manual. If you find one, it should be no later than October 1972, since that will have all the 1972 parts listings, along with corrections, and the introduction parts for the 1973. As the years go on, they will list those parts for the 1972 model year cars, however, many of the parts will not be listed in that book, to save space, even though they were still be available through the Parts Depot. If you have the part number it will allow you to search for a particular part on eBay.

The only other book that would be a great thing to have is the 1972 Oldsmobile Parts Manual. If you find one, it should be no later than October 1972, since that will have all the 1972 parts listings, along with corrections, and the introduction parts for the 1973. As the years go on, they will list those parts for the 1972 model year cars, however, many of the parts will not be listed in that book, to save space, even though they were still be available through the Parts Depot. If you have the part number it will allow you to search for a particular part on eBay.

I'm keeping an eye out for one.

I'm already bidding on '72 Olds emissions and consumer information booklets.

You will find that wire diagram to be a good guess. Send me your address I'll drop the radio in the mail you owe me the stamps. Think I have three of them now.

Does anyone here have one of these for sale? I'm still watching eBay along with the OCA page and magazine, but nothing has come available yet.

I have one on cd. I can send to you and you can down load it. I don't think i have used it. The Hallonders exchange has been useful though. You get one at least 1975 it will cover everything that will go one your car.

Back