Am I crazy?

While strolling through a Vintage Market, a fender hanging on the wall caught my eye. The tag simply read “Vintage Car Fender” but the badge said M & M! Now what! Do I leave it randomly suspended and risk it meets a fate not becoming of it’s well deserved respect? Or, do I acquire it. After all, think of it’s years of service ceremoniously bringing the dearly departed to their final resting place. I turned to my wife hoping for her approval to no avail. She wandered off realizing it was out of her hands, wondering where she would be sitting on the way home. Never fear m’dear- we drove our 56’ Miller so our “trophy” had a comfortable ride. My dilemma? I have no idea what to do with it! My first choice would be to find a home for the piece, or even the badge on a worthy project. I look forward to hearing your ideas.
E77F7E89-8124-4238-9D26-A30BE93E76CC.jpg

FB28C4E5-5DE2-4460-8FEA-E1B2F7AB1FCF.jpg

5CCFD59F-86C5-4CDC-873C-5D302DE66B09.jpg

B30B7E8F-6CAA-429C-97E7-DB098E67F87A.jpg

Looks like a 1962 Commercial Chassis Cadillac fender. Take the badge off of it, and the fender fits any 1962 Commercial Chassis Cadillac.

Here is what I did lsat Fall, in a similar situation. A non-PCS auto scrapper had a 68 Superior Cadillac hightop ambulance advertised in this forum, that he was parting out. I truly had no need for any of the parts, but I really liked that this man realized that there were parts of value and he offered them here. As I watched and waited for parts to sell, I sensed a problem with the seller. He wanted to ship the smalls, but not the big stuff. In a nutshell, I decided to buy everything he did not sell and there was quite a bit of stuff. It took two six hour trips and rental of a minivan to get it all. After paying him, van rental, gas and tolls, we came out about $100 to the good, placed lots of parts with a handful of PCS members and I felt happy to have saved those irreplaceable parts. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks!

I appreciate your response. The reality is, these are low production vehicles and every piece has value to someone. I am missing one Miller emblem from my front fender and know how difficult it can be to locate these obscure pieces. In the meantime, I found a period correct Cadillac script and that will have to serve as a place holder. Who knows, maybe a Miller fender will show up unexpectedly and it ail call out to an unsuspecting person in the know.

Situations like that I've been known to ask the market operator for the name and number of the stall tenant. 50% shot he has more of something I'm looking for.

Shoot I once owned a 1900 flying ball typewriting machine that the IBM Selectromatic was based on.

I do need an MM badge. I am unsure if that badge is exactly the same as my 68 but it look like it. I will have to check and compare pictures

Back