Ripon Emergency Vehicle Show 2014

James Fischer

PCS Member
This past week-end was the 24th annual Ripon/Manteca Emergency vehicle show it had a record 134 vehicles registered this year.

Had the pleasure of meeting Southern California PCS member Donna Culwell who drove her beautiful 1970 S&S ambulance.....

My wife and I drove our 70 Superior 54" who was making her first Ripon debut.....after all was said and done she was awarded first place in the ambulance catagory.....

Enjoy a few of the pictures:

025_zpse6c2e914.jpg

008_zps31099ac6.jpg

006_zps7aea9d6f.jpg

007_zps401644df.jpg

007_zps401644df.jpg.html

017_zps6c68fb2d.jpg

024_zps91dc40cd.jpg

Last edited:
Great going.

Nice to hear you got first makes it all worthwhile,the rigs look great,and that police emergency vehicle (knock knock ,whose there ,kerboomie,guess who)

Congratulations James! You have done great things with your ambulances and you do the PCS very proud. But,your wife and her beautiful smile stole the show!

James,
Your car looks absolutely awesome, as does your wife!...................... but we really need to find you a correct dome for your 184!

Thank you Kurt !! I will forward that to her !! LOL....;)

Yes I know about the dome...just have not come across the "correct one"...any leads ??

I have 4 correct 184 domes in red, 2 in clear, and 1 in blue. Probably only willing to part with the blue dome right now.

Aside from the heat, that was a fabulous show and there was actually 150 registered vehicles at final count. One of my favorites I took through the windshield on the way to the Friday evening cruise, lots of vintage going on in this shot:

DSC06345-vi.jpg

All the ambos looked great! :cool:

Jim; Do you know who owns the yellow and white CB-Olds that was in the Code-3 parade video? THX-MM
Mike, this must be the CB-Olds you're referring to but I took these the last time it was at Ripon in 2011:

Picture047-vi.jpg

Picture090-vi.jpg

It's owned by Jack Gould of San Luis Obispo. If i recall correctly the rig is originally out of Nevada. PM me if you need his contact info.

Domes

I have 4 correct 184 domes in red, 2 in clear, and 1 in blue. Probably only willing to part with the blue dome right now.

I have a couple of reds myself,and the blue I could not use since it would not be "correct" for California.

Which leaves the CLEAR...and as I mentioned not easy to find (with a willing seller at least)...:rolleyes:

Siren

"Interesting 1940s Federal sirenlight...6 volts or 12? "

Its 12v Steve....it will be replaced as soon as I get the Super Chief I found at a fire swap a few weeks ago gets rebuilt....:thumbsup:

Yellow CB

Jim; Do you know who owns the yellow and white CB-Olds that was in the Code-3 parade video? THX-MM

Mike,
The yellow and white CB was not at the show this year,but I think your question was answered in a following post....:thumbsup:

Missed you at the show there was a really nice 60 Firetruck there though.....

Jim: I found out that the '66 C-B/Olds belongs to a (Retired) CHP Officer who also owns a restored '93 SSP Mustang who participated with it at the recent Retiree's Day at the CHP Academy. It was purchased new and used at the Austin (NV) Fire Department where Matt McLoughlin has a resident post now with the Nevada Highway Patrol. It still only has 66,000 (original) miles! He sent me some additional pictures that I will forward to Steve Loftin.... hopefully to be added to his PCS "Merry Oldsmobiles" website. THX-MM

Back