Finally returning!

I've waited a long time to be able to say this, but I am finally back in the ranks of Pro Car owners! Things have improved significantly, and I am now the proud owner of a 1970 Superior Pontiac low top ambulance in show ready condition! It runs great. The car is all white with a nice light package. I am the fourth owner as nearly as I can tell. The car is originally from, and is still lettered for, Mercy Ambulance in Las Vegas.

I have loved this car for a lot of years and never thought that I would be fortunate enough to negotiate it's purchase. It is a special thrill for me, as there were several late 1960s white Pontiac low top ambulances running around my area when I was a kid, including Park City, Illinois Ambulance, Studebaker Funeral Home in Zion, Illinois, The Gurnee, Illinois Boy Scout Ambulance Service, and an unknown provider in the Racine, Wisconsin area.

I owe a great debt of thanks to my friend and procar adviser Bruce Biancalana who drove to Wautoma, Wisconsin with me to pick it up, and has, along with Glenn, spent the last several weeks tweaking details, including adding a much coveted hilltoper light, and going way out of their way to get it ready for me to Bruce's standards. Bruce has never given up hope that I would some day get a car again, and I think that he was as excited about it as myself and my wife. You're the best Bruce! You too Glenn. Thanks!

I will soon be mailing in my club registration and a little site supporter help as well. It may take me a week or two to get pictures up, but I promise to do that soon.

The one slightly sad part is that we are expecting bad storms here late tomorrow, so she goes into winter storage at lunchtime. But I can't wait for the abundance of car shows to start in the Wisconsin Illinois border area next spring. I've waited almost nine years, so I guess I can hold off for a few more months. Sorry for rambling on here. But we're pretty excited here right now!

Congratulations Bill! It is nice to hear good news. I know I speak for others here, but I can't wait to see the pictures! Enjoy your new ambulance!

Bill, welcome back. Like you, Bruce was central in allowing me to obtain my first pro car, for which I am very grateful.

I've waited a long time to be able to say this, but I am finally back in the ranks of Pro Car owners! Things have improved significantly, and I am now the proud owner of a 1970 Superior Pontiac low top ambulance in show ready condition!

Welcome back! I think I know that car; is it a lowtop or a Consort?

Here are some pics of Bill's car

Attachments

• Bills Consort.jpg
    Bills Consort.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 188
  • Bills Consort2jpg.jpg
    Bills Consort2jpg.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Bills Consort3.jpg
    Bills Consort3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 188
Back