Check this new hearse

Another funeral home did a burial today and had just purchased this Lincoln hearse. Might just be me but certainly looks weird.

Attachments

• l3.jpg
    l3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 351
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 406
  • l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 397
That's an ugly son of a gun, and that might be the worst paint color I've ever seen on a vault carapace. Dark brown?!? That's one way to get families to step up into a nicer container.

Carapace color

Dave Simon thanks for the education. I never heard the word carapace before. I will say I think its the standard color - perhaps here in SW FL. I've seen a few medium blue.
Interesting.
I think the casket is a Batesville "Primrose." It's the most feminine casket I've ever seen.

Dave Simon thanks for the education. I never heard the word carapace before. I will say I think its the standard color - perhaps here in SW FL. I've seen a few medium blue.
Interesting.
I think the casket is a Batesville "Primrose." It's the most feminine casket I've ever seen.

The vault color is Bronze. The casket is not a Batesville "Primrose" as it is not the "A" shell (Rounded corners).

It looks like it was rear ended and squished about 3 feet shorter.

Ugly and cheap looking to me.

Too bad automotive companies are making it hard for the funeral car builders to make a decent looking hearse in the last few years.

What a shame,
Darren

I think all hearses built after 1974 are ugly...but this one is a "special" kind of ugly, more like fugly lol!

I think I ticked the FD off when I ask where the rest of his hearse was..... Told him we just got a new Cadillac and it's twice as long as his. :)

A Funeral Home not far from me just purchased a new White coach like this rom Baines Professional Cars. The 94-96? White Eagle that Baines just sold was the coach that was traded in. I'm not sure how rural traditional Wisconsin families will take to this new coach? Maybe this will drive a lot of the families over to the competitor? Time will tell.

If that vault is bronze that's fine, it just looks like a dark muddy brown on my monitor. The Wilbert dealer here generally uses gray tones on their vaults, one of their competitors does a bronze color on some.

Saw a tweety-bird yellow vault recently...it was a lot to look at, and it must have been quite a sight on the back of the truck, being delivered.

If that vault is bronze that's fine, it just looks like a dark muddy brown on my monitor. The Wilbert dealer here generally uses gray tones on their vaults, one of their competitors does a bronze color on some.

Saw a tweety-bird yellow vault recently...it was a lot to look at, and it must have been quite a sight on the back of the truck, being delivered.

It's a grave liner by Robert's Vault and pretty sure painted brown similar to Batesville's Emerald Green casket or they're Triton Grey. Not pretty. I do insist on having the lid near the grave so the family can see what they're buying. For just $200 more you can get a pretty blue one with sparkles and lined for better protection.

I prefer to sell one of these on every burial but..... I have never even sold one. Looks good with that beautiful copper lining. Now this is a pretty brown.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 131
These MK Lincolns were introduced last year. Im not a fan, but I really do not like any short wheelbase coach. They introduced a much longer version in the last couple months that looks much better. Now to wait until they are 20 years old so I can afford it.

When I worked in the St Louis market, we sold a ton of SST's and a few Triunes, and even some Clark airseals...in Cincinnati I'm dealing with thrifty Germans and they are perfectly content with a grave liner. It's a victory to sell a Monticello, and I actually sold a Venetian recently...thought the manager was going to fall over. Too hilly for the Wilbert Way presentation here, which doesn't help either...if they don't see it, it's tough to sell it. Even with the carapace on a stand with skirting, it's not the same as the full-blown WW presentation.

On the subject of that car...we see that it's funny looking, but I seriously doubt 99% of the families give a hoot. We even had a family this week request that we carry the casket in our Town & Country miniconversion because they wanted to be "low-key". That's a bad precedent to set...

Back