Buick Alternative Hearse

There was a funeral yesterday in Mt. Brydges in Ontario for a great Grandmother and her Grandson who died in a fire. the funeral home used this Alternative hearse. looks like a buick

this 2005 Buick Alternative hearse is at Hourglass Dist for sale

Attachments

• Fire funeral.jpg
    Fire funeral.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 914
  • Copy of Hourglass 001.jpg
    Copy of Hourglass 001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 876
  • Copy of Hourglass 002.jpg
    Copy of Hourglass 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 877
Those were built on the Buick Terraza mini van which was only built from 2005 through 2007.

I could see it as a first call car but for a front line coach it looks cheap. If my family dares to use something like that for me, I will haunt them forever!

I believe they were built by Eagle next time I go by there I'll take a few pictures of the interior and they also used the UPLANDER platform

thanks Mike

the alternate hearse was used for the 11yr old great grandson, a regular coach was used for his great grandmother barely visible in Mikes post, they said the boy was very protective of her, and as it turns out she and her late husband had been foster parents to 85 kids over the years,the Ontario fire marshall is investigating a possible cause of the blaze, very devastating for this small community.

These were built by Eagle Coach Company. They started with the Chevy Venture van then a year or two later the Chevy Uplander was used as well as the Buick Terraza. One of the nice options on the Buick was it was available in all wheel drive. the Chevrolet was called the Alternative and the Buick was named the Tradition.

Eagle Factory Wheels

Of the many Buick AND Chev Eagle Van Hearses that have passed through C-W Coach Sales, they were ALWAYS fitted with factory alloy wheels including Cadillac SRX ! What an improvement it made.

Back