Lifeliner UpDate

I stopped by Joe's yesterday to check on the Lifeliner. The roof is painted and looks beautiful. He has completed the body work and was going to spray yesterday afternoon. After letting it sit for a few days he will reassemble the trim and door cards and re-install the "Q-2B". Then I get her back for final assembly.
I got the mini-bike back yesterday too. I've had this for about 25 years but after sitting in the shed for the last 12 years it needed a new carb. It runs like new again but will require some paint.

Attachments

• amb 1.jpg
    amb 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 904
  • amb 2.jpg
    amb 2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 892
  • amb 3.jpg
    amb 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 895
  • amb 5.jpg
    amb 5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 896
  • mini bike.jpg
    mini bike.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 912
been waiting for the right moment to use this one. looks like he is doing good on the car. getting the doors fixed properly and a good paint job back on will make it so much nicer to walk out and look at.

how to tell it's been a long time since you took a ride. neat minne bike

Attachments

• been to long since riding.jpg
    been to long since riding.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 895
I'm taking the week off so I spent several hours yesterday polishing the goods in anticipation of re-installing them on the Lifeliner.

Attachments

• Chrome 1.jpg
    Chrome 1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 837
  • Chrome 2.jpg
    Chrome 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 835
  • Chrome 3.jpg
    Chrome 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 820
like a kid in a candy store...

Can't wait to see it back to its old glory,put a little extra buff on the Q we love the light and sound show of old :applause:

Richard, every time I see the progress on your Lifeliner, I also can't help but think how proud Dave McCamey would be of his former ambulance. She will sure look fine, when you are done!

here you go I'll send them down. some are so small you need to nail them on a paint brush handle to buff. but there a mix of chrome and stainless. then there are a few more outside pieces about 12 ft long and 6 inches wide that need attention. putting back together is a lot slower then coming apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0481 (2)a.jpg
    IMG_0481 (2)a.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 387
So excited PCS buddies. Just got a call the Lifeliner has been painted and I will have her back by 2nd weekend of January. Sorry no pictures at this time but hope to be at the house this Sunday.

Next step is to get her home and spend some time putting her together then driving her to the cemetery for storage. Spent two days this week cleaning out the cemetery garage making room for my ambulance. Amazing the stuff you find in a cemetery garage packed full of junk for God knows how long.

Always nice to hear about the update Richard. Let me know if you are looking for anything else that's orange.

Any interesting finds in the garage?

Here you go. Joe txt'd me pictures today and I'm so excited......

Attachments

• 0108151508a.jpg
    0108151508a.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Amb-1.jpg
    Amb-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 229
Back