Double window channel

Has anyone replaced the double window channel for the partition glass. Its the felt seal on the top/bottom/sides of the partition slider glass. What I have is 15/16 wide, 1/2 tall. Only found a plastic version. The rubber & felt ones are too wide. Ed, this is for you too, as your going to hit this wall to. Mine is a 63 Cad M&M.

our is a good one so I'll look at it tomorrow and see I though they were just two sets of window felt in a track.

got a good look at it today I don't believe I have ever seen anything like this for sale. if would look to me that one could get one of them the same width and cut out the bead on one side then double it up.

Attachments

• IMG_10299a the divider glass chanel.jpg
    IMG_10299a the divider glass chanel.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 127
the 1/4 inch stuff looks like what is needed. thanks nice website easy to git around in the people putting them together over here need to take lessons. they have a lot of stuff there. there you go Russ just what you wanted.

Has anyone replaced the double window channel for the partition glass. Its the felt seal on the top/bottom/sides of the partition slider glass. What I have is 15/16 wide, 1/2 tall. Only found a plastic version. The rubber & felt ones are too wide. Ed, this is for you too, as your going to hit this wall to. Mine is a 63 Cad M&M.

My glass man replaced mine, he got a kit for the 1970 ford factory slider window and the windlace (felt) was in a roll for $23.00 I'll ask him if he still has the extra and if he does I'll mail it to you. Is your's black or white. My 65's was black. do you a metal bender to recrimp the flashing?

I called my glass guy he doesn't have anymore but gave me the name of the supplier www.crlaurence.com hope this might help.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. John, looks like you win the chicken dinner. I found & ordered some plastic black channel for a boat. If it looks cheesy, I'll go with Woolies

if cr laurence has it they have a web site to check it on. haven't done any business with them in a long time but used to when we had the shop.

Installed the divider glass with the "channel-mate" door channel by Beckson.com Looks good, and works good. Had to trim the tension lip on both sides so I could slide the glass by hand.
Part # is CH-2B

Back