97A turn signal bulb

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
I need to replace the front turn signal bulb for my '72 Cadillac. The bulb is yellow yet all of the 97A's I find on the internet are clear. Did Cadillac dip these in yellow paint? The paint on the bulb is easily scraped off. Thank you. Jim

you can get them in painted or natural amber. just about any parts store will have them. but one should replace them with what ever you have on the other side or change both. then never match in color. the painted ones don't seam to hold up at all. the natural amber glass are a little more money. but on a different note the spring seam to be working good on the 66

Jim, if you can't find the amber ones, there is glass paint (used for stained glass) usually sold at a craft store, like Michaels. You could buy clear ones and paint them.

good Ida on the dip. I was never good with the numbers on these. one of the things I don't let stay in my head. but which turn bulb are we talking about. park - signal should be a 1157a on the 70. is not the 97 the courning lamp? in which case it would only be found in white. or are we talking about the peanut bulb in the side marker that will flash with the turn light. that one I beleve is a 94 and comes in eather color. meI take the bulb down to the store with me and say hay guys I ned one of these and then get a box so I don't have to go down for that again in a while.

Back