ID this gurney

John Royark JR

PCS Member
Does anyone know what this is, and would anyone be interested? I have a chance to get this, and have no need for it, but if any one would be interested I would bring it to Rochester to sell. The current owner don't know anything about it.
G2.jpg

Thanks. Probably too new for anyone here to be interested then. Still if anyone is, let me know as soon as possible and I will pick it up. I would probably ask $300 for it.

It is a one man lift that needs a second person to lift the under-carriage up. easier than the old model 30 for sure!

correct it is a roll in if some one will just come along and help you. it's main use was for factories to tuck over here or there to have the safety equipment for transporting injured and meeting guidelines at a lower cost. we had 6 of them were I worked. it was not there fault they seldom got used so when you did need them they were stiff and your partner had no Ida how it operated. I have see them dragged to the ER on the down position more then up. the did make a electric motor for them so one person could load it, and it would assist in lifting. you didn't swap out the battery regular that didn't work will either. I still have not found a easier loading gurney then the #26
wish I have never let that one get away. the 28 is close and more handy in a lot of ways. but all the 35 is a 30 with front rollers with a safety hook and a few more grab bars.

Ed, the Model 35 was NOT just for factories to put in a corner. This was used extensively on ambulances in the 1990s and 2000s before newer models came along. Before it had competitors, I'd say probably 75% or more of ambulances in the US had a Model 35.

I have to say, having used Model 30s through the 80s and 90s, when the Model 35 came along, it was a LIFESAVER....er....BACKSAVER. Anyone who actually worked on ambulances can tell you what a huge improvement this was! I no longer go home from work with an aching back like I did when we used Model 30 cots. The Model 35 was a huge improvement that helped EMTs and patients every day.

The newer stretchers are essentially just like the Model 35, but with a motor added - another improvement. Sure, there are competing brands now (Stryker), but that's business.

And we have always taught EMTs and Paramedics that there is no such thing as a "one-man" stretcher - two crew members must always move a patient, no matter what kind of stretcher.

Right now, the Model 35A is just an "old stretcher" - not new enough to be used much anymore, but not yet old enough to be an antique. In 10 years or so, it will be an antique. It's worth saving, someone will need a genuine 1990s Model 35A stretcher in a few years for their antique 1990s ambulance. This is how old stuff becomes antiques, you wait. (And yes, I have some, so in a few years, folks, you can call me.)

it was used extensively because it was cheaper then the rest. the 26,27, 28 or 29 for just a little more were 10 times the gurney. all roll in. yes if properly used the the 29 should have some one lift and help drop the legs. was the 35 better then the 30 yes, it was. but it is still the bottom rung gurney. a pain in the ass to get in and out by your self if you were just cleaning the rig. especially with safety bail. the roll in feature was around in the 50's why it took them till the 90's to have them all that way is a corporate decision. we always used a 29 here, the other service I was on had the 30. they wanted a 29 but the ambulance board was two cheap to pop for one. to bad for there backs.

true as it was yesterday, todays junk is tomorrows treasure. but as I really don't intend to come up with a van. for me to store one is as unnecessary as me hanging onto the single level Washington I gave away was.

Back