Merry Oldsmobiles

C-W mentioned that he had never seen the "D" pillar molding that is on this Cotington. I checked the '64 C-B brochure and it does not show that molding either. Has anyone seen this molding before?

I have..........

picture.php

What I find so surprising, is the the ambulance has rain gutter moldings, and the combination doesn't. The one thing that I find with C/B is that they were not consistent with how they trimmed the outside of the car. Example, the rear door glass was trimmed with chrome on some cars, and the glass was just set in rubber in other car's. It is like that every car came with an A La Carte menu to pick from, and the list was so long, that no one ever read the menu to the bottom of the page.

You are correct on that. Workers were free on the line to add or subtract as they saw fit. There were at least two different moldings with the Indian head symbol. In 72 some had the anniversary wheel cover some standard. They were must put on as they saw fit.

C-W mentioned that he had never seen the "D" pillar molding that is on this Cotington. I checked the '64 C-B brochure and it does not show that molding either. Has anyone seen this molding before?

I'd have to do some more digging, but I don't think I've seen one of these without that trim piece:

Attachments

• 64 CB.jpg
    64 CB.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 005 (1).jpg
    005 (1).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 164
Dustin, the Merry Oldsmobiles thread is absolutely wonderful...so isn't the Classy Cadillacs thread (if you're into Caddys).

Dustin, the Merry Oldsmobiles thread is absolutely wonderful...so isn't the Classy Cadillacs thread (if you're into Caddys).

The next issue of "The Professional Car" will put you into a Rocket Oldsmobile mood, that will keep you reading for days on end. This issue is sure to please all segments of the Professional Car Society membership.

Old's

I pawned both of these off to some guy back east. ;)

Attachments

• 1.1743917237.DSC01384.jpg
    1.1743917237.DSC01384.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 20171013_150916.jpg
    20171013_150916.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 184
Stevo,

I have a 1974 C & B Olds HighTop, from Muscogee, OK area. It is going to need an extensive restoration, However, still has original 455 Rocket V-8 / transmission, all glass and Most interior cabinetry with exception of partition. I do not know the original operator, or any history, I think it was originally White over Orange now its Gray/Red over Rust!!! Any suggestions as to who might have operated it?

Robert Koryciak

I am looking forward to the next issue with the Rocket Oldmobile! I really need the documentation! Can't wait till all this Covid "Panic-Demic" is over with so we can get our shows going again!

R.L. Koryciak

Stevo,

I have a 1974 C & B Olds HighTop, from Muscogee, OK area. It is going to need an extensive restoration, However, still has original 455 Rocket V-8 / transmission, all glass and Most interior cabinetry with exception of partition. I do not know the original operator, or any history, I think it was originally White over Orange now its Gray/Red over Rust!!! Any suggestions as to who might have operated it?

Robert Koryciak

I believe your car to be this one:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=54053&postcount=4

Smith's Ambulance, the service provider for Edmonton, Alberta of the day ran a fleet of these, white over lemon yellow. A long term goal of our EMS Foundation is to reproduce one of their cars for local events.

Attachments

• tb1973CotnerBevingtonOldsmobile02,photoEdKalynchuk.jpg
    tb1973CotnerBevingtonOldsmobile02,photoEdKalynchuk.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Back