'1928 Studebaker Hearse

It seems to be raining prewar Studebakers online lately don't it? This one is certainly one cool looking Superior just as it sits.

bug_zpscf0a4388.gif

When bidding early you're merely bidding against yourself. Although your proxy is private you allow time for others to play catch up. Shrewd bidders wait until closing minutes, thus disabling other bidders from feeling their own bid out. Best of luck with your 'strategy'.

Nice coach and it looks to be very complete. This would be a good replacement for my Peerless. I like the thought of having the 5 doors vs. 3. Either way whoever ends up with this coach will have a really nice project.

Jeremy

Bill, congrats on your third (and last) bid with 56 seconds remaining in auction outlasting two attempted snipes at 40 and 25 seconds respectively. Perhaps that early auction bid was merely to mark territory when said and done. :D

Thanks. I paid more than I wanted, but these are rare. As for bidding; I studied consumer behavior, including auction bidding in college. When I follow the rules, I usually don't loose.

One of my employees drove four days to pick up the car. It arrived in my driveway this afternoon. It is in decent shape for a car that is 85 years old and has been stuck in a barn since 1966. It has just a few wood pieces that need to be replaced and the engine requires rebuilding. The metal just has surface rust. This car is mostly complete and will be an enjoyable restoration project.

With the Minnesota winter blowing in soon, the hearse will be tucked into a garage spot and I will search for parts this winter. Next spring, I will take it out and investigate what needs to be done. In a few years, it will be on the road again.

Back