federal 28

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will this old horse trader slip this well used federal #28 in my car the last meet we got together on. he instided I take it for a small sum. as he owed me a little more I agreed . I finally decided that it needs to quit rolling around in back of the car and sit up front and make noise. so we put it in. starts yesterday and goes threw today.
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-04-29/18:22:27

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5254.JPG
    IMG_5254.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 227
Well used??????? that siren was barely broken in. I gave you the best of the best of the collection. You want well used, I have a garage full of well used and abused Model 28 sirens. There hanging on the wall like boat anchors... :rolleyes:

The reason that I have so many in the garage is because they are so heavy to ship. Since I joined the PCS and I met John Dorgan, I began picking up sirens at swap meets. I've sold some to John, but shipping them is more of a problem for me due to packing, and to the buyer because of shipping costs have risen in recent years. I'll bring some to Flint this summer probably and sell them off there. I brought 3 to New Jersey and sold all 3 the first day. I should have brought more.:(

The reason that I have so many in the garage is because they are so heavy to ship. Since I joined the PCS and I met John Dorgan, I began picking up sirens at swap meets. I've sold some to John, but shipping them is more of a problem for me due to packing, and to the buyer because of shipping costs have risen in recent years. I'll bring some to Flint this summer probably and sell them off there. I brought 3 to New Jersey and sold all 3 the first day. I should have brought more.:(

I would love a Federal "Q" for my Lifeliner but man, are they expensive.

Richard

I thought I was cutting a fat hog and could make everything work with parts out of the junk bucket. but they stitched the ground on the foot switch. the only solenoid I had was a ford starter. it grounded threw the solenoid. had my shop assistant helping me out and asked her to turn the key on and close the foot switch. when she did a got a light on the test lamp. thought everything was OK. hooked it all up and when I hit the key off it went. the only trouble was working it by turning the key off and on made going anywhere kind of hard. that Cole Hersee solenoid cost more down town then the siren. glad I had one I was going to use for something different.

Back