Wheel covers

This is a silly question but I figure those who have been around longer than I would know. How do I mount my wheel covers? They don't seem to fit yet these are the original ones to the car on the original rims. I'm assuming just take a rubber mallet and tap it on? I've never had this issue with covers from my other cars...

welcome to cadillac. the prongs need to be straight and in the proper position you need to have caddy wheel weights on the wheels as the cover goes just under the edge of the rim.if the wheel weight is there your either into cutting off the prongs for the weight or replacing it with a caddy one. then, if all that is OK. put the wheel with the valve stem down. put the cover over the stem and go to the opposite edge and hit it with a rubber mallet. struck on the edge down not in. work it left and right in the same manner. what your trying to do is pop the prongs under the rim. if one of them goes to the out side you have to bend it back so that it will slip under the rim. it's a chore to put 4 of them on . but the good news is no one looses a caddy wheel cover unless they blow a tire and usually not then.

Back