Four ambulances, one sale... OMG!

but John did any of them run?

Two of them had the gas tanks out, they have them both, one was cleaned and resealed and just not re installed yet.
They said they have not even tried to start them since they bought the ambulance service in the 1990s. I have no idea on the operation of the vehicles or lights/siren etc

To me, the Lifeliner would be the most interesting of the lot even though it is one of the roughest. I just have never been a big fan of the Criterions. The Lifeliners have better lines. Criterions are just too whale-like in appearance.

I like all the unique features of them: The Walk-thru partition, the windowless "landau" panels and the 1/2 door/spare tire compartment... coolest ambulances ever imo =)

That Superior is pretty sharp though too.

While I have never been a big fan of Criterions, or M-M ambulances in general, they were designed to be workhorses -- big trucks on a passenger luxury car chassis with a huge powerplant -- as Tom McPherson so eloquently described previous ventures as "...the answer to a question nobody asked." They were Divco/Wayne's last gasp in their attempt to save the M-M division. Even mighty Sheller-Globe attempted to save Superior by trying to copy the Criterion with their 54XL, to no avail.

The Criterion signaled the end to almost 100 years of professional car progress in its tracks and bowed to the next generation of EMS.

I'm still to this day not sure how and why funeral car production also had to halt, but for whatever reason the new EMS laws and 1977 downsizing ruined the entire professional car industry even though funeral coach and combination car production was way higher than ambulance production.

Anyone know what became of these? The seller took offers up until about a week ago and was going to let them go to the highest. I put in a pretty strong offer, but it was not the best apparently. He did tell me someone was arranging pick-up, but nothing more. Anyone here the new owner?

Does anyone have any knowledge as to where these ambulances ended up? We know that Tony K. has one of the Criterions. I am sure that Tony knows, but he doesn't share that type of info.

Anyone know what became of these? The seller took offers up until about a week ago and was going to let them go to the highest. I put in a pretty strong offer, but it was not the best apparently. He did tell me someone was arranging pick-up, but nothing more. Anyone here the new owner?

Again Tony, where did the 4 rigs end up?

He doesn't?

Maybe if he were asked, rather than having snide comments made...

Tell me, why would I want to participate here, with comments like this?

Tony,
Did I make an incorrect statement? As documented in this thread, the question as to where these rigs ended up was originally asked by Adam Borkat 3 and a half years ago.

I am not a guy to normally weigh into this, but Kurt this: "I am sure that Tony knows, but he doesn't share that type of info." does not have a positive feel to it.

Back