Headlights finally flashing...

After some trial and error I got the red headlights to flash. My Lifeliner does not sound as bad as it does in the videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Q0clrCn50[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6r_DppjhDE[/ame]

was I just not catching it or are all the side and end lights flashing at the same time? just woundering as there is realy no correct way to do them. most usally flash front - rear and left - right like your headlights do. are the 6 back and side lights on one flasher? congrads on getting the head lights to wink. :thumbsup: that now looks right.

How did you wire the headlamps to the flasher? Did you cut your original wire harness, or did you purchase replacement terminal ends?? Pictures are worth a 1000 words....... and why does your engine sound like it does?? :D

was I just not catching it or are all the side and end lights flashing at the same time? just woundering as there is realy no correct way to do them. most usally flash front - rear and left - right like your headlights do. are the 6 back and side lights on one flasher? congrads on getting the head lights to wink. :thumbsup: that now looks right.

There are 6 lights on the circuit and the rear two and the two on the side at the rear flash together but the other two near the drivers area flash opposite the sides. You would only notice this being the expert you are. Heck, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

How did you wire the headlamps to the flasher? Did you cut your original wire harness, or did you purchase replacement terminal ends?? Pictures are worth a 1000 words....... and why does your engine sound like it does?? :D

Engine sounds are from the belts not exhaust and once warmed up quiets right down. Plus, it is running inside this make-shift garage of mine.

I got two new headlight connectors from NAPA as suggested by a party. I removed the high beam headlight connectors leaving them alone in case I went back to bright lights there is no damage to the original wires. Using the new connectors I ran wires back to the firewall connecting them to the new flasher grounding one side. I used the power side which happens to connect to a switch in the overhead cluster of switches in the drivers area so I can operate the red headlights from there. Really is a neat set-up.

leave it to the guy to spend all your money. a insulted female spade connector would have worked. but I'm glad to see that you did it right makes all the kidding worth it. now one suggestion would be to find the hot wires to your side and back lights. this will take a little time to trace them out but some were they have gotten crossed up. that is why they are flashing together. one good check is in the switch plate. you know were the wires you have hooked to you flasher start. one can trace them back from there. shut the battery's off and use a small charger. a test light would be handy to. then use the hot side of the charger to power the lights. when you find the splice that hooks them together you can separate them there. then use the charger once again to find the hot on each light. use a piece of tape and label them. doesn't make any difference how, as long as you understand it. but Lf, Lr is easy to figure out. once you know which wire powers which light then you can see how you can using the terminals on the flasher get them to flash in a pattern you like. once again it's your choice how they do it but have the same number of lights on each side of the load. this will keep you from burning out one side of the flasher. if some one hooked them together under the headliner then changing it will be difficult but most likely they did it were all the wires come together. I would look first at the ends of the wire you hooking to the flasher. start there and trace it back with the test light. use the charger so you know you only have power to that one wire. this one change will make all the diference in how the car looks with the lights on.

He can also use a Cole Hersee motorized flasher if there is an uneven load to accomplish the stated goal.. A motorized flasher is good for 3 million flashes, and if you should wear it out, a rebuild kit is under $10.

Back