Window Issue's

I have been having issue's cranking the front window's up in the olds it's getting harder to wind them up I have completly cleaned up the track and regulator when I redid the car however they still are very hard to roll up I'am hoping Ed will chime in and give his 2$ worth I'am thinking its because the glass don't quite match the contor of the CB portion of the car any help would be greatly appreciated:biker:

Did you check the rollers on the ends of the regulator.. If they are not moving smoothly in the track, they can bind and make it very difficult to raise the window. Going down isn't much of a problem, since you have the weight of the glass to help you. Also make sure that the side tracks are in alignment, and not binding the glass.

ya like he said. but most likely if it drops down smooth and goes up hard you looking at wear and tear. they can be frustrating as CB did not provide any adjustment for the pitch. as it wears the leading edge of the glass will dig in when it goes up. it could be the back but normally the front is the fight. first check everything to see the glass has not slipped on the riser or a arm is bent or the rollers have a flat spot on them that kind of stuff. then see if you pull up on the front corner slightly when you roll it up does it slip up free? then go to the arm that is bolted to the inside of the door and slot the front hole up. you can drill a hole about a 1/4 inch up from the one c/b put in and try that. as you move the front of that slide up it will pick up the front edge of the glass. c/b did not provide for a pitch adjustment . of course what you are doing is compensating for normal wear in the entire set up. but if it doesn't fit the contour you need to adjust the lower run Chanel. front and rear. it may be that you moved the top in or out putting the door back to gather or adjusting for the weather striping. that set is the last bolt in the rear on a slide and last set in the front. here is a 75 CB if I recall right the only difference is they way the riser goes on the glass.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 98
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg