an interesting 1958

I have seen this many times on EBay, they always say its a customized hearse. I dont think its custom at all (except the normal coachwork), the coaches in Argentina, Australia or someplace like that just look like this. I have a pic of a late 60s Buick that is very similar.
I have thought aboug getting it just to see if there is anything written on the back about it. Either way, it is a very cool '58.

When I first joined up on the old board (1998?) someone posted some pics of hearses in Greece,converted there from '60s-'70s American cars.IIRC they all looked a great deal like that Cad,with 2 doors and the long side glass.Strange but cool!

Judging by the license plate, I'd bet that this photo was taken in Greece and that the car was a local Greek conversion of a '58 Cadillac. Many of the older Greek hearses were based on used American chassis and looked a lot like this - flamboyant and rather odd - to our way of thinking. There were also some rather flashy such vehicles built in Italy but, usually on locally-constructed chassis - Fiats and the like. Once in Italy, I saw a hearse based on one of Fiats smallest platforms - what was called the Ritmo this side of the pond.

Back