Cadillac Rescuer fender vs Mustang fender

James Fischer

PCS Member
Went to my first car show of the season today... beautiful,sunny 75 degrees...
And then it happened....a blue Mustang Mach 1 came driving(rumbling) in.....driver had his eye on one of 3 spots across from my 70 Rescuer....the fellow asked him if he would mind parking on the end spot,to which the owner replied "NO ,I want this one, next to my friend" so be it......he commences to make a 3 point turn to back into spot.....it turns into a 6-7 point turn since it is very tight, with the nose of the caddy sticking out ...on the last turn the Mustang jumps forward and smacks into very front of passenger side fender of ambulance.:eek:

And the winner is..................Cadillac Ambulance :applause:

The Cadillac badge did the damage on the top of his fender and the bumper finished off his fender well and trim.....
There was NO damage to the caddy fender, badge, didnt even loosen....

He told me he just got it out from body paint this past Thursday.....
013.jpg
012.jpg
011.jpg
225313.jpg

Last edited:
If it's any consolation to him, it needs to be repainted anyway. Looks like dirt and a little fish eye action going on there. Glad the Ambulance made it out unscathed.

James,
She's looking beautiful and I'm glad to see she didn't suffer any damage. After your Cadillac mauled that Mustang, why exactly do they call those things " muscle cars" ?????? ;)

it is a shame for the Mach I, but the ambulance looks great.

One of the other problems with those 71-73 Mustang Sport Roof, or Fastback, as I call them, is you can't see a thing when you are backing up. He was probably so careful not to back into another car, he forgot to watch his nose.

well at least with the stang coming out of the paint shop, they will probably have some left over paint or have the formula handy to fix it again. Glad your car faired it well.

That's your story. His story is probably, "That huge Cadillac ambulance jumped forward and demolished my poor, innocent Mustang." ;)

Seriously, though, glad you and your ambulance are OK and unscathed.

Back