What a great meet....

I honestly can say, "I have never had more fun and met nicer people than I did at the Int'l Meet in Flint". Thanks for having Terri and myself and will post my pictures when we get home.
Great job to the Mid-Michigan Chapter with special thanks to Kim McDonald. Have to tell a little story. I was able to get re-aquianted with a long lost friend which I have not talked with in over 20 years. I know now I can call him my "Best Friend" once again. Enjoyed our time together Scott.

I had a great time up there, and ended up spending more time at the meet than I did at Woodward. I met a bunch of people that I have talked to online for years - heck I even had people putting me on the PHONE with other people while I was there!

Everyone I met was pleasant and all had stories to tell. I wish I would have brought my ambulance, but at least I got to see everybody else's up close.

Great job by the members organizing and running everything efficiently.

It was nice talking to you Richard and Terri, and I hope you have a safe journey home.

I agree!

Carol and I had a great time. We're headed back to Missouri so everyone have a safe trip home!

Update?

Can anyone who was at either the BOD or General Membership meetings at the Meet, a few days ago, provide some details regarding what transpired there? Hopefully some much needed 'steps forward' for the Society...

Thanks!

Back on the right track...

We arrived home from Flint at 0230 this morning and all I can say is...WHAT A GREAT MEET THAT WAS!! Brady, Russ, Kim, and their entire crew showed us a FIRST CLASS time complete with exciting activities. This was a meet not to be misssed, especially by true automotive enthusiasts. I'd like to offer up a huge thanks to all who made this possible.

Adding icing to the cake was the fact the PCS Board of Directors made some much-needed progress. We pored over club matters for 5 hours on Thursday night with a large crowd of interested members in attendance. We did our very best to see that the PCS would no longer be "held hostage" by a few folks who don't seem to understand what the club is truly about. I was extremely pleased to see that the necessary motions in this regard passed by a large margin, giving me renewed confidence as to where the majority of Board Members stand on important issues that will bring progress and harmony back to PCS. As for the election, we welcome Rick Duffy back as PCS Vice-President, Sarah Snook back to her position on the Board, and Steve Lichtman back to the Board. (I think Steve served on the board previously as a chapter President.) Congratulations!

And now, please stand and join me in a round of applause for Rick Duffy who did a marvelous job leading PCS through this meet. As acting President (in the absence of Wayne Collins), Rick ended up missing many of the tours and activities in order to make sure the "ducks were in a row" on the business side of things. Rick, a true gentleman in every sense of the word, was able to lead us through a very critical time when having been provided little information to go on when tossed into serving as acting-President.

I'd like to ask for another round of applause for Paul Steinberg, your new official PCS webmaster! If you have come to this website as a Friend of The Professional Car Society, please feel welcome to stay, as the BoD has approved this as the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the PCS! I'll let Paul explain the details, but his efforts at (re)establishing positive online exposure for our club were recognized and greatly appreciated by the Board.

And finally, a third round of applause for LeeAnn Boston, PCS Treasurer. It was obvious that LeeAnn has been working dilligently through a very diffucult situation with the PCS funds. It is a relief to know our funds are safe and accounted for.

Oh and by the way, the BoD proudly succeeded in "saving the PCS 3"...with prejudice!

Ditto

As Austin Powers said, "I'm Spent" The Carnation Meet started a week ago Friday and we went right from there to the International Meet. Now I am at home and totally exhausted. It was a great meet, kudos to the Mid Michigan Folks who put on a great show. The BoD Meeting was LONG, we started at 7:30PM and concluded a little after 12:30 AM. But it was fruitful, the PCS is back on track and in the right perspective. The meet was a huge success and we were all reminded that PCS is more than a few people with an agenda, it is people who care about each other and share a common interest. It was great, Thanks Brady, Kim and all.

RE: Flint Meet

Got home around 6:30 tonight. What an awesome meet! Great people and great cars and the best news of all is what both Tony and Ron reported above!

Fred

Back home in good ole Tennessee!

Just got back home about 30 minutes ago with no event in travels after a GREAT PCS vacation this year with renewed spirit, faith, enthusiasm and confidence in his car club!:D Back to work tomorrow and now I get to go to sleep in my own bed after 9 nights being gone!:)

Ya'll hear more from me tomorrow and, IN THE FUTURE TOO!!!!!!!!!:D I'm bushed, GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!:)

Sounds like those who truly care about our organization bent over backwards to try to move us all forward. Congrat's to all and thanks for YOUR efforts. :p

I too will be re-newing again soon.

Dave, Mike, Rick and any others that had any doubt,
I think that Tony has said about all that we need to know that came out of the board meeting. As was mentioned, it lasted for 5 hours... but it never got out of hand and everyone in attendance acted very professionally. We achieved A LOT in that 5 hours and I can say that I am proud to have been a part of it! Yes, please renew your memberships! This organization has been through a lot, but we have turned things around and are back heading in the right direction. All we need to do now is to keep the momentum going and get all and any loose ends tied up and we will be good to go for a long time to come.

Richard,
I am so glad that you got over your "want to sell the Lifeliner" phase and kept the ambulance. I'm also very glad that you and Terry made the trip to Flint. I always enjoy putting faces with names and an happy that I finally got to meet you in person. I hope that you and Terry can make it to many more international meets with the rest of us and enjoy your time away.

I have been a member for 15 years now and I enjoy the friendships that I have made over those years as much as I enjoy the cars. I had a great time catching up with old friends and meeting new one at the same time. A huge thanks to the Mid Michigan Chapter! Brady, Kim, Russ and any of the others that helped make this meet a hige success need to be given a round of applause!

Thanks!

Thank you to Tony (for the comprehensive update) and to all who contributed and devoted what must have been a considerable amount of time, effort, energy and patience during the Flint meetings! It sounds like the Society may at last be back on a more positive and stable course. We can all certainly hope so anyway! I so regret that an overly busy schedule this past week and weekend did not allow my attendance at the meet in person. It sounds like a good time was had by all!

Kudos to the Mid-Michigan Chapter!!!

Ya'll hear more from me tomorrow and, IN THE FUTURE TOO!!!!!!!!!:D I'm bushed, GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!:)

Now that is the BEST news I have heard come out of our meeting! We have greatly missed your contributions to the board and your presence. Despite our high hopes to move forward we can see actual evidence that maybe now we are again back on track. Welcome back! :D

2010 ?

It sounds like I missed a great meet. Thanks to all who worked hard to keep our car club alive! I also look forward to renewing my membership when due.

I do have one question- any decision on the location of the 2010 meet?

Joe Unrein

Where and When in 2010

Oh Joe, you opened Pandora's box! If I saw one more Albany presentation I wouldn't need to go next year........just kidding Dan!:p

Hey Ron, come on I made it short at the banquet!:D
I also may have to hate this years meet as they set such a high bar for us, for next year.:D
In all seriousness we in the Upstate and New England Chapters are looking forward to next year. We have already started the work to try to make next years meet the best one yet. Since I do not wont to steel this thread I will shortly be starting a new thread as to the meet in Albany.
Once again, great meet in Flint!

Back