Junk Yard Visit Today In SD

73 Superior

*If* anyone purchases that 73,I would be a customer for that switch panel that Kurt shows behind that Cadillac ashtray.....:rolleyes:

Or if anyone has one, or knows of one that would work also....I am still looking for one for the 70 51"....:)

James......

Why not buy the complete car for $1500, and take the parts that you need, and then sell the rest to those that also need parts.

the hood is toast. once they start coming threw from the inside it almost impossible to slow it down let alone stop it.

Kurt

Thanks for checking !

I have one with a small dent. No rust so I will use what I have.

I appreciate that and will return the favor.

Darren

Barnette Photos

Now that the '64 Superior Crown has sold, the Barnette Pontiac is now more accessible.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 284
Just fell in love with this Pontiac business coupe! Someone really needs to save this rare bird! It would look awesome restored as a Fire Chief's car!

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 287
we need to make that run some time . but every time we go that way it's we need to get some were today kind of thing.

goats clime around to much. sheep and a little more trouble but then don't clime. also sheep stuff is a lot easer to lay in then cows or horses.

the yard behind the body shop up in Faith had sheep he would buy bums in the spring and sell them in the fall. some times he even made a little on them.

I stopped back at this yard yesterday. They had the '49ish Barnette Chevrolet pulled out of line and you could get a better idea of what was there. It really is just a parts car as it is very rusty! They will now sell parts off of this one, if anyone is in need of anything Barnette-specific.

man if it wasn't 300 miles from me I would spend more time there. now that spot we had lunch at that was good to. I need a jump seat out of one this age.

Hi Kurt, Thanks for all the pics.
Just wondering if the '51 Chevy had the Barnett plates on the fenders. After looking at all the pics I'm left a bit confused because the front doors appear the have squared off door tops, like Nationals. Maybe I'm just seeing the enlarged pics wrong. The Barnetts were left rounded. Maybe Ed can clarify the difference and maybe he knows if Barnett used squared off door (if that is actually what I'm seeing).

I see that the backdoor hinges are on the opposite side from my '51 National. However, I'm looking for the SS plate that goes on the inside floor inside the backdoor. It is slightly recessed from the wood floor and is affixed by screws to the actual metal of the body. It measures appox. 35.5 X 4.5. It may or may not have a slight "L" component going downward from the front edge. I've only see a partial pic of one and it says National on it. I'm hoping this vehicle might have a generic one.
Again, Thanks for posting. I can't get out and about like I used to and I do miss hitting junkyard. So these pics serve as my bit of travel.

Attachments

• national.jpg
    national.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 257
I should also mention that the '64 Superior Cadillac Crown Sovereign combination(w/suicide doors) pictured here now resides in Texas where it is being restored. Attila told a friend of his in Texas about it. This friend was looking for a Superior Crown project. Another very deserving coach saved!

Thanks Ed, A major bit of info I was unaware of. It was just that, in the pics the doors look straight, 90 degree angled to me. Must be my eyes. From the hinges - Barnett it is.

Thanks, Kurt for checking when you get there. I hope that it is an interchangeable part.

Kurt, thanks for info. talked to Dan's brother hopefully I can get this to happen.
I'm still in need of National emblems and a partition. Been trying to get people to send me some photos of partition from behind the seat view. I dont think it changed any from 49 to 54.

Kurt, thanks for info. talked to Dan's brother hopefully I can get this to happen.
I'm still in need of National emblems and a partition. Been trying to get people to send me some photos of partition from behind the seat view. I dont think it changed any from 49 to 54.

what year are you looking for? got to be a couple hundred pictures in the group.

Back