you ever wounder

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
been trying to get the correct mount and location for this 53 project so we dug out all the stuff we had bought long ago. we want to put on the mirrors L&R so we can have a chance driving it today. in 53 the windshield one was more then anyone thought they needed. in the processes we need a good shaft that was not bent or so badly corroded that we could not get it threw the mount. so we took this one apart. it is a s18 6volt and here is what it looks like. a few more parts then the newer ones but all the principle things are the same. any one need anything for the 18 let me know if might be rough but I should have it. I do have 5 of the #31 mounts but all are for the left side

Attachments

• IMG_6657.jpg
    IMG_6657.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6658.jpg
    IMG_6658.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6663.jpg
    IMG_6663.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6664.jpg
    IMG_6664.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6666.jpg
    IMG_6666.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 146
The Guide spotlights were not made by Unity! Yes, they look very much alike, but they are not the same. If you want some NOS Unity lights let me know. I am certain that I can fix you up with a pair. Just add your mirrors to the rear, and you are up and running.

Then that would explain a lot of things yesterday was the first time I had wire brushed the scale off. The guide would have be built by the people building lights for GM. I should have paid more attention the Gm game during the micro meet.

Ok here we are with a unity light on the car. there is a lot of difference in them. this is a S-6. found a pair of them alike got lucky on this set.

Attachments

• IMG_6669.jpg
    IMG_6669.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6670.jpg
    IMG_6670.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 68
Back