Corvair Police Car

I'm sure this is not really a Corvair Police car. Spent the day with my chamber group touring Hillsborough Community College technical center. I did strike up a conversation about loaning them my Lifeliner to strip it down and a new paint job. We're working out the details but think this may be too much for them.

Attachments

• Corvair Police Car.jpg
    Corvair Police Car.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 199
I thought that you just painted it about a year ago??

I did and it looks great but sure would love to address the bottom of the doors on the passenger side. The cost just got to be too much after he cut the bottom of the doors off and had to re-build them so sort of run out of cash for the other side. He did apply a special compound which has done a remarkable job.

Attachments

• l1.jpg
    l1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 188
  • l2.jpg
    l2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 185
Do not under estimate that the corvair was a cruiser,back when VW first introduced the rabbit several Ontario town forces got and used them for front line cruisers,did not go over well,especially when stopped by an officer driving one and I asked "whats up Doc" .

Of interest to this group may be that I know a Funeral Director who went to the old Bowman FH in Marshall, NC for business reasons in the late 60's... and he said Dedrick Bowman had a Corvair station wagon for an ambulance...

When I started kindergarten, I seem to remember a red Corvair station wagon ambulance sitting in the school parking lot..

Back