what's missing here

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I know, but wondering if anyone else can catch it. it's my guess that only the 67 and 68 used the thin Stainless steel plate.
which reminds me I do have a 68 intake that if anyone else needs I have 50 bucks into. 68 was a single year for the intake because of the devoiced choke.

Attachments

• 1967 carb.jpg
    1967 carb.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 288
in this case the steel plate needs to be sandwiched between two gaskets. they had the carburetor bolted on the plate and it was sucking air. which would cause the power valve to stay open to keep it rich enough to run.

There should be a phenolic spacer under the carburetor also.

PS... They cost big bucks!!!!

I have a couple of them on the wall. the gasket they place agents the manifold says top. we are still waiting for that shop manual to show up. hopefully that will clear up things. buy you could see track on either side in the plate were it was sucking air.

there is a reason you don't jump to conclusions on a car your not familiar with. your usually wrong. I was going with the information given me by a old mechanic when he redid the 68. with this set up I'm guessing you need a new plate every time. but got the shop manual in the mail yesterday this is what it says.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 144
Back