Pictures from tonight's rolling cruise at Back to the Bricks in Flint

Michigan Chapter members Kim McDonald; Scott Walker; Brady Smith; Tom Boaz; Kevin, Michael, and Kevin Parkinson; and Brad Ross attended the Rolling Cruise at the Back to the Bricks in downtown Flint this evening. Here we are with the vehicles we brought (except Brady's because he had brake problems).

Attachments

• Back to Bricks Friday 001.jpg
    Back to Bricks Friday 001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 760
  • Back to Bricks Friday 003.jpg
    Back to Bricks Friday 003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 753
  • Back to Bricks Friday 007.jpg
    Back to Bricks Friday 007.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 641
  • Back to Bricks Friday 008.jpg
    Back to Bricks Friday 008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 658
  • Back to Bricks Friday 009.jpg
    Back to Bricks Friday 009.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 777
Back to the Bricks on Saturday

Here are a couple pictures from today at the Back to the Bricks. Finally got a picture of Brady and his ambulance, Brady with a car that he was drooling over, and a picture of the crowd from the top of the bridge.

Attachments

• Back to Bricks Saturday 001.jpg
    Back to Bricks Saturday 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 616
  • Back to Bricks Saturday 003.jpg
    Back to Bricks Saturday 003.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 657
  • Back to Bricks Saturday 009.jpg
    Back to Bricks Saturday 009.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 675
VERY NICE Madam President of the Michigan Chapter. You guys did good! Thanks for the pictures and for making me drool for a Cupie Burger with olives. :4_11_9:

VERY NICE Madam President of the Michigan Chapter. You guys did good! Thanks for the pictures and for making me drool for a Cupie Burger with olives. :4_11_9:

Even though it rained for most of the morning, that didn't stop the people from coming downtown to see all the beautiful vehicles. We really had a great time.

Thanks, and coach update

There are times I don't appreciate digital photography, but to get great photos such as these, the day they're taken, is sure wonderful. Thanks Kim for taking them. Was Richard referring to Kewpee in Lima? I had my first Kewpee Burger just last year, despite many years of traveling to and through Lima. I'll have to send Richard a few burger wrappers. *smile*

Coach update: After unhappily having to shell out $2100, both heads of my '54 Eureka have been repaired and completely rebuilt, and back in the car. The machine shop makes it sound as if the repair to the cracks in the heads (yes, two heads) was successful. It's running GREAT, and at this writing we plan to take it on September 5 to Hickory Corners MI, to the Gilmore Museum, for the dedication of the Cadillac LaSalle Museum. Perhaps some other coaches will be there too?

I just received almost $1500 of engine parts from Egge, for my '39 Eureka LaSalle. The machine shop is now honing the cylinders to fit the .030" oversize pistons, and the engine should be back on the rebuilder's stand in a matter of days. After that, the transmission will be refit and the engine will be painted. I still have to power wash the engine compartment and frame of the car, before reinstalling the engine. I'm sure getting excited at the prospect of having it sound as good as John McCullough's. Tom

www.bippusautostorage.com/cars

picture.php

Mike, just double checked with Scott Walker on his 1956 Buick Special Estate Wagon. It was always privately owned and the spotlights are just a 1950's accessory. To his knowledge, the car was never used for any kind of ambulance service, although the Buick literature for that year does note that the wagon could be used as an ambulance by folding the rear seats down.

I remember that Buick very well from the parking lot at our meet in Flint last year. It looks fantastic in the pictures - even better in person !!!

It sure does.

That little wagon is owned by Scott Walker who is really the guy who got me interested in old cars. For a while he had that '50 Flxible that Larry Shepard used to own, but he always wanted this wagon and when he got the chance he grabbed it!! It was the best thing that could have happened to the wagon. Scott has pampered it and improved it in a big way. It is indeed an incredible car.

Back