Got the Door open Finally !

I finally got my drivers door open on the 87 Eureka.

after what seemed like months and months it all came together today....

it seems that the side window track came loose from the door ( it looks like it was apoxyed on) well when that worked loose, the window dropped down a bit. when I got the window out ( in one piece ) thank god! and closed the door the track dropped down further and jammed the lock.

so after taking all the door trim off I was able to see better and thats when I noticed the track had moved ....grabbed it and pulled it up and boom the door opened !!!!!!

so now I just have to wait until the "glass guy" finds some time to come over and re- epoxy the track back into place and install the window, put the door panel back on and that will be it !!!!! I hope

thanks to everyone who wrote in to try and help me......and a big thank you to Mr. Ed

:smileflagcan:

Mike

don't use a epoxy. if your going to glue it us the urethane like they set the windshield with. the epoxy won't handle the different in the expansion and contraction between the glass and the steel. that is why it fell off. origionaly it was set in a rubber. dig in the bottom of the door and it may still be down there. if the last man didn't get it out.

hey Ed
ok thanks I will tell my buddy..but I'm sure he will use the right stuff ( urethane)

thanks again Ed you know your stuff buddy !!

Back