those wondering

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we are here on the Pinner. we need to get this car under power. my mechanic friend is a great mechanic but a poor businessman. so we need to do something. the power plant in the car is missing a number of things and has suffered from long term storage. so my best bet was to find a complete motor. one more lesson learned if you want to buy a complete motor buy the car. I wish I had taken Kurt's advice on the 455 for the Oldsmobile. we would be money ahead and have another running car by now. some lessons are expensive. trying not to compound it on this one. so it's clean up this engine and paint it. pull this one and the tyranny out. then marry things together. put it back in and drive the car out. did I mention reassemble the new drive line and detail the engine compartment sand blast the inner fenders, radiator support. clean and test the radiator. fix the rust on the fenders and the hood. jam them. then reassemble the the front end assembly. as the goal is to repair the car. not slap together a rat rod. gives me time to find that lower body trim we need. old cars are fun. the good news is i think we have the title problem taken car of. thanks to a littel help from my friends. they sent me tags and a regestration anyway. slow on returning tittles since they went to computers.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg