Back in the game...

I should not answer question late at night. On the paint code 99 l would be black the 38++ number is the white the l is the type of paint. Most of them say krinkle if it came out with one. The order means nothing as they are hand stamped. Hope that help clean up the confusion.

Steve,
I can probably get you the clips the next time I get down to Wymore, NE or Junction City, KS. The skirts themselves are almost impossible to find in good condition in this part of the world. Coffeyville, KS would be a possibility also.

That one is pot and it had a cast peg with a speed nut. It a factory molding not used by CB. Cb used the rear one not the front as they split the skirt up front.then pinched it togather to clear the 890s . They then had to use a longer edge trim piece as it made the wheel opening larger. Since all they did was lead the front split it rusted threw in a hurry and got replaced with standard skirts. Take the skirts off before you jack it up or the 253s will jam into the front

Last edited:
Skirts

Steve,
I can probably get you the clips the next time I get down to Wymore, NE or Junction City, KS. The skirts themselves are almost impossible to find in good condition in this part of the world. Coffeyville, KS would be a possibility also.

I have few sets of these. Might even have some C/B ones from the parts coach I had. let me know if needed.

checked my stash I have one serviceable and two not so good. that is of course if the stud doesn't brake off removing it.. there should be two studs on them and a speed nut. the plating shops can put on a replacement for you. or at least Smittie's in Neb can. the one has the standard it broke off fix two holes drilled in the black ban and a black headed screw to hold it in place.

here is a rusty cb skirt that you can see how they modified the standard skirt to fit the tires. I have about 5 of the custom cruiser skirts here also. they are the fiberglass ones. why they only used them on the wagon I will never know. you brake that header I have you covered there also plus all 5 doors a dash, green interior grills and lights. both ends

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3606.jpg
    IMG_3606.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 180
Finally! After almost eight months in the paint shop--including two return visits to address minor issues--the white car is finished. I'm very pleased with the results:

Attachments

• 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 116
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 114
Congratulations, Steve! With your attention to detail, I have no doubt that this rig exceeds the condition that it was in when it left the C/B factory.

I don't know who provides EMS in your community, but I think you should purchase the local funeral home, and provide some competition!

Just joking, of course, but it would be neat to turn back the clock and see this Olds running trips again.

For those that don't know, I recently bought the 1972 C/B Cotington combination advertised in these forums. While it's a 46 year old car that isn't perfect, it is VERY nice. Kudos to PCS member Rich Groeber for how this car has been treated and maintained while in his possession!

This car is complete except for the roof plug and one window crank knob; if anyone here has (or knows of) any extras, please let me know.

Here are a few photos:

Nice coach :applause::applause:

Steve I thought she looked stunning when you first rounded her up; but now the ol' girl looks good as new again! Another pro-car saved for our hobby, thank you for saving her Steve, and for sharing for all of us to enjoy! I believe Larri Dirks' C-B Ambulance is also a '72 if memory serves.

Back