Heritage 'Fresh Water' Sub Returns

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Cadillac-XTS-Hearse-/132058724979
Here she is... back on eBay. I think it was Craigslist, I saw it listed, next to a duplicate so,there are TWO. It had been reduced in price so, here it is relisted at the new lower price (from the orig.asking price). Funny, how they STILL haven't had a locksmith come out and grind a set of keys to at least see if it will start! and then survey any potential (storm?) damage. Amazing way to market a car.

Why in the world would they not have the keys for it? With it being a 1-owner car, they should be able to get them from the funeral home or Cadillac. These would be expensive keys to have made.

Why in the world would they not have the keys for it? With it being a 1-owner car, they should be able to get them from the funeral home or Cadillac. These would be expensive keys to have made.

I think worth having keys made. Car would bring more if could be listed as run and drive. If you find out there is a problem mention it in the ad or just throw keys away and continue listing without keys.

My point is that there must have been an insurance settlement for the flood damage. It's not like this was a theft recovery and the column was punched! Why would the insurance company not have asked the funeral home for the keys?

I am wondering if the seller is just claiming that they don't have the keys so they can "play dumb" as to the car's mechanical condition.

When my car was considered "totaled" by the insurance company, I had to send the title to the salvage company by certified mail, and hand the keys to the tow truck driver, before he would even load it onto the truck. He used a very long heavy nylon zip tie to secure it to the steering column. He also gave me a receipt for the keys, and another for the car. Told me to keep both until I received my payment from the insurance company. Only after they had the car, keys, and title, did I get a check. Long gone are the days, when the insurance companies didn't care about these items.

I have been buying salvage for over 50 years and today the sales are not haphazard they are run TO MAKE MONEY BACK FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND THE SALVAGE AUCTION.That said trust me there are keys these tubs are badly flooded AND WILL NOT RUN AND THERE ARE MAJOR ISSUES the key missing is a ruse. As I said in a previous post flooders offer the ins co.s the best recovery of any salvage. They pay the salvage auctions to clean up the better ones before the auction. I recently bought a flooded Audi A8 in North Carolina when unloaded from the carrier on arrival here I jumped it and drove it into the yard. It has been driven over 1000 miles in the past month with NO other repairs. Great winter car Quattro (all wheel drive). Enough said!

Probably a key fob. This will require a complete reprograming of the system. At MECUM one of the drivers lost the only key fob to a Mercedes. A technician was brought in and reprogrammed the system. With this hearse it certainly would create a bit more value if done on front end to see if car actually runs or........ they're afraid to find out:)

Back